Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Football

Well, like I said, the interest has to be there and it has to be demonstrated. And there has to be support behind it. Back in the day, there used to be a rumor floating around that Carlos Santiago had a $16 million offer from two donors to start the program, and he declined, asking for their donations to go to research. They declined.

There's a lot of people out there who want it; what matters is getting the group together to make it happen.

If only he had said yes. hahaha. I could have been attending football games this fall. haha.
    School of Architecture - Class of 2016
    "Dressed in the Panther's skin, the Ass spread terror far and wide" #FireBraun

If it were up to me, football would be the touchdown, not the offensive line paving the way. If you have delusions that a football program is going to come in and make us profitable, you can check that at the door. You bring in football soon if and only if you have major financial commitment from the students and the alumni, or a developer that plans to build a stadium (if only I could share that story).

The only sport that could conceivably help us is ice hockey. And it's an expensive sport.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234