Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Football

i sent jimmy my report i did on UWM football i did with some others

its a beginning, some stuff was just done to get by the class, but some aspects do show some serious numbers and things to consider

hopefully Jimmy can post it here

Quote Originally Posted by BrewCityItalian View Post
    i sent jimmy my report i did on UWM football i did with some others

its a beginning, some stuff was just done to get by the class, but some aspects do show some serious numbers and things to consider

hopefully Jimmy can post it here

Wow, d@mn good paper!

i learned alot about how to start a d 1 football program

what goes into the planning and logistics and financials and all

I can say this much

If UWM were ever to go back to D1 football, it would need a much better marketing effort than it gives for basketball otherwise it won't succeed

I got a super lengthy paper coming out on the basketball program soon about 145 pages

I think that marketing needs to be shored up no matter what. LeVar Ridgeway needs a bigger budget and real help if we're going to average 7,000, which is what I think the Panthers could do with a successful team and great marketing in the Horizon League. That number goes up if the Panthers go to the A10 or MVC, and higher still if they get into a BCS conference - the latter of which is definitely a long-term goal. Very long term.

Football is something the university should seriously look into. Where they are the third basketball option for fans in the city, they would be the one and only in football, the most successful sport in college athletics.

Any timeline when the athletic dept is actually going to decide about the issue of football? I know there's been a revolving door within the dept but every year they sit on this issue and shelf it for another time, it's money, fans and support lost/wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachC View Post
    Any timeline when the athletic dept is actually going to decide about the issue of football? I know there's been a revolving door within the dept but every year they sit on this issue and shelf it for another time, it's money, fans and support lost/wasted.
    I completely agree with you. However, there's going to need to be some serious house-cleaning before this happens.

The only way this gets done in the near future (up to 5 years) is if it's done by mandate of the alumni, students and community. If you can organize it, they will come.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast