Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Football

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Football

It's a topic we've gone over a million times elsewhere, but this article from last year has got me thinking about it again:

http://www.footballfoundation.org/nf...football-teams

What do you think?

If you can get funding for a stadium then make the move. Better to do it before Whitewater decides to move up a couple divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    If you can get funding for a stadium then make the move. Better to do it before Whitewater decides to move up a couple divisions.
    Knowing Whitewater, I just don't see it. They would be able to afford a GB-sized budget at best, which is several million less than we have right now.

Key for Whitewater is they already have a stadium and football facilities so there are no start up costs there. Have an established football program that could easily move up to 1AA. Would need a few other sports to jump to D1 so the athletic dept would need to get funding for that which is no easy task, but possible.

Well there are start-up costs. You need to come up with the money for 63 scholarships, plus the scholarships for other sports. Perkins Stadium seats 8,000, which I'd expect they'd try to expand with the "move to D-I."

Milwaukee's start-up costs are largely tied to the facilities. It's scholarship situation is better than any school in the country looking to add football (inordinate amount of female-to-male).

I'm just so ready for it. Especially with the way this basketball season ended for MKE.

Charlotte's football stadium project discussion at Town Hall meeting

Football fan at Charlotte has got a tailgating ambulance ready.

http://ninernation.net/index.php?topic=29479.0

Some videos from Coach Lambert at Charlotte as they prepare for game 1 in August 2013.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast