Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buzz at MU

Buzz at MU

Saw the Scoop Board had a lengthy thread about whether Buzz will stay or whether our new AD will cause Buzz to leave. Hey, I got news for ya. Fr. Pilarz was going nuts yesterday. Way into the game and the whole scene. Cheering beyond anything Fr. Wild did. The second person who means something in all of this is Coach Strong and he is loving Buzz right now. Buzz is gonna feel the love.

Yeah, I read that. Made me very nervous. Glad to hear a different perspective.

Damn it Gato, I just lost a ton of brain cells reading that thread. There is a reason I stopped reading that board, and it's crap like that.

That's great to hear. Hopefully Pilarz realizes his tenure and Buzz' are intertwined. I'm sure Coach Strong will ensure his views are communicated.

Glad to hear Pilarz was enjoying the game. Stong is in Buzz's corner as well.

Problem is, Buzz has to deal with his boss and that is Larry Williams. If Larry is not showing Buzz the love, that is who Buzz has the most interataction with.

Buzz needs to stay long term. Hopefully that is understood at all levels of MU management (athletic dept and administration).
    Last edited by Goose85; 03-19-2012 at 09:39 AM.

I believe everything will be ok. Buzz likely has the most interaction with Mike Broeker. If Fr. Pilarz and Dick Strong are in Buzz's corner, everything should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    That is the article that started the thread on Scoop.

ok...so...the question still stands. Is their any truth to the idea that 1. The buyout is very small and 2 that Buzz isn't happy?

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    That is the article that started the thread on Scoop.

I don't take too much stock in that article, except where he states that there have been no feelers sent out from Illinois to Williams.

He mentions that things aren't kosher between Williams and Marquette - the writer must be reading the fans' opinions on various message boards.

He says the buyout is only $100k - I don't know specifics, but I do believe that in Buzz' last contract renewal/upgrade the buyout was boosted significantly.

Look, Buzz has a team taking a shot at a Final Four run. Every anti MU or 'bring Buzz to my school' guy out there is going to be taking shots, spreading rumors. Fact is, Buzz is on a roll. Fans love him, the media loves him, recruits love him and most importantly, the team loves him. Remember this photo?

crowderbuzz.jpg
    Seth Davis reported on the moment captured in that picture...., "Williams was likewise moved by the quiet, intimate words that senior guard Jae Crowder whispered into his ear after the final horn. "He hugged me and said, 'Coach, I love you. I'm so thankful you're here. I'll fight for you anywhere, anytime,'" Williams said. "I put my head in his chest and I was crying. It's why I got so emotional and danced. I mean, that's what all this is supposed to be about."

Buzz Williams is the real deal, and he has a love for MU. If anyone can't see that, they are blinded by some other obsession.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast