Thread: The 39th Panther Invitational

The 39th Panther Invitational

Sarah and I will be in the stands tonight. Not expecting a big student crowd due to Pantherfest. Should be a good game, though.

The big question is who will Drake start behind goal? Gallagher has been shelled in two outings, maybe it's time for MacLeod the redshirt freshman with the big size to take over.

Link: Panther Invitational Preview

We'll be there. I just heard about the Pantherfest conflict today. I know scheduling athletic contests is always more complicated than fans think, but really? Was it not possible to anticipate this particular conflict? It's a lost opportunity, again. After last Friday's amazing crowd if there wasn't a conflict with Pantherfest tonight you could imagine another really good student turnout, particularly given the great weather. Oh well. One step forward, one step back.

As for the game, I'm all for Drake not changing a thing. Shelling sounds good.

The scheduling is something that seemingly happens everywhere on campus, and is mostly a product of one thing: lack of communication between departments at the university.

Just a rough game. Took a lot of opportunities and missed out on them. The shot at the end, with 10 seconds left in the second overtime, looked like it had a real shot.

It was a beautiful night though, reminded me why I go to soccer matches.

The Panthers play Bowling Green at 12 o'clock today. The big question coming into this game is how the players react after their disappointing performance on Friday? I think they will come out with a chip on their shoulder and will execute a lot better than they did on Friday.

Dan - PantherU
    Last edited by uwmpantherboy; 09-08-2013 at 01:10 AM.

The Rami Younes goal was, frankly, outstanding. Beating three defenders and drilling one to the near post? Very Messi.