Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TV Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Dameon Mason. Yuck.
    I remember talking to Novak in the spring of 2005 after he decided to leave, and he was not exactly disappointed that D-Mas decided to find a new home. That 2003 recruiting was a dumpster fire, with Marcus Jackson the lone good part of that motley group.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    I remember talking to Novak in the spring of 2005 after he decided to leave, and he was not exactly disappointed that D-Mas decided to find a new home. That 2003 recruiting was a dumpster fire, with Marcus Jackson the lone good part of that motley group.
    And, MJax had a bad wheel his first year.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    But I'll never forget his jumper at home to beat Louisville. But there was another example of a kid highly rated out of high school that never panned out. Ended his career in relative anonymity at LSU.

And what do you mean that class was a dumpster fire? What, you didn't like "Brandon BE-LLLLLLL"?! (cue Bob Brainerd PA voice).

Quote Originally Posted by MUBasketball View Post
    But I'll never forget his jumper at home to beat Louisville. But there was another example of a kid highly rated out of high school that never panned out. Ended his career in relative anonymity at LSU.
    Actually, Dameon averaged 10.5 PPG and 5.0 RPG as a frosh and soph at MU. Not too shabby. At LSU, he had injuries and was plagued by migraines and succumbed to academics in the end. First 2 years were good ( other than that WMU game in the NIT which greased the vines for his departure ). Should have stayed at MU, but the incoming Amigos apparently soured him.

I was there as well and 'Zona people around us were very impressed with Travis.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Actually, Dameon averaged 10.5 PPG and 5.0 RPG as a frosh and soph at MU. Not too shabby. At LSU, he had injuries and was plagued by migraines and succumbed to academics in the end. First 2 years were good ( other than that WMU game in the NIT which greased the vines for his departure ). Should have stayed at MU, but the incoming Amigos apparently soured him.
    Mason undoubtedly had talent, and a lot of schools wanted him. I watched him play in an all-star game with LeBron and Brian Butch among others. And I recall some games early in his career when he played great and looked poised and polite at the post-game press conference. He was the longest lasting of the recruits from that class. But not only did he have injuries at LSU, he got passed up by other players, and somehow, he failed to finish up his remaining two years of college in the three years he was there. The last I heard, he was playing in one of those has-been-and-never-weres leagues in Chicago. A terrible waste of talent. I hope the guy eventually got a degree from some place.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    I was there as well and 'Zona people around us were very impressed with Travis.
    Judging by the boos he got whenever he touched the ball, a lot of people in the stands were impressed by Travis.

VS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12