Thread: Some Good Stuff w/ Richard Deitsch column...Fox Sports 1...EPL..Jason Whitlock

Some Good Stuff w/ Richard Deitsch column...Fox Sports 1...EPL..Jason Whitlock

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...r_a1&eref=sihp

Good, Bad and the Ugly on Fox Sports 1.

Jason Whitlock back to ESPN??? That sucks - loved it when he reamed ESPN talent. Wish Fox got him - I either agree with his columns 100% or disagree with them 100% - seemingly nowhere in between.

Since ESPN came up with ESPN Magazine to take on Sports Illustrated, with SI give some love/support to Fox Sports 1? Si has always done their own thing, but a silent partnership of sorts would be nice.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

I am a big fan of Jay and Dan on Fox Sports Live, and will try to make a point to catch part of their broadcast every night (especially in the summer with no prime time TV and fewer weekday sports events).

SI is owned by Time-Warner. They don't have a full-time sports network like Disney (ESPN) or Fox (FS1), but who knows how long that will be true. I'd imagine that they'll sit back and call out the networks in a way that fits with their corporate and editorial interest which is to say that I doubt that they'll side with anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reptile View Post
    SI is owned by Time-Warner. They don't have a full-time sports network like Disney (ESPN) or Fox (FS1), but who knows how long that will be true. I'd imagine that they'll sit back and call out the networks in a way that fits with their corporate and editorial interest which is to say that I doubt that they'll side with anyone.
    They do kind of have a relationship with NBC - not sure how formal it is - Peter King and Dan Patrick are both SI writers and both are on Sunday Night Football. DP's radio show is simulcasted on NBC Sports Network as well.