Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Now this is creativity, and I applaud this effort...wish MU would do something like t

Quote Originally Posted by MU_Iceman View Post
    Quit your job, and distance yourself from your family. In my family, NO ONE even so much as mentions UW hoops in my presence. They know better.
    If only you knew where I worked....

Quote Originally Posted by MU_Iceman View Post
    Quit your job, and distance yourself from your family. In my family, NO ONE even so much as mentions UW hoops in my presence. They know better.

The whole situation is a tough one. MU does what they can to keep the tickets in the hands of MU fans, but there is only so much you can do. Years ago when Michael Jordan was on top of the world there were Bulls fans buying season tickets to Bucks games just to see Jordan 2-3 times per year because they couldn't get tickets in Chicago.

UJ - I do not believe Wisconsin was included in the 5 packs, so you can't just "buy 4 extra games".

I don't like seeing UW fans at the BC either, but if your company pays for season tickets, you go to every game but the owner of the company went to UW, guess who gets that game? If your company has a box, who are you inviting to that game? Your biggest clients, potentially UW grads. You just can't help it. On the flip side, Nukem hit the nail on the head. Can't believe how many people are decked out in blue & gold for every game and show up to that one in red. A few years ago I had a family in front of me. I think they had six tickets, parents, two kids and spouses. Badger game comes and all 6 are in red. Frustrating.

While Ice does get carried away, having talked to him before the Badger fans he works with love to push his buttons. It is a different situation for everyone. Someone mentioned how bad some of the posters are, and yes we all know exactly which ones they are. Well, imagine if you worked with one of those guys? Or two.... you have to listen to that every day. I have a lot of Badger friends. We give each other crap every year surrounding that game, but we are always civil, never out right demeaning, yet a lot of those people are. I tracked two of their posters for a story a while back.....

Over three months, one guy posted an average of 8 times per week. 7 out of 8 referred to Marquette. "Buzz cheats"....."they don't go to class"...."they should be in jail"..."Buzz kicks them out if they're not good enough"...."No way these guys could get into school at UW"...."Crean was slimy"....."Does anyone know where to get good football tickets for this weekend?"......"Scuzz pays players"....... This was how it was every week for three freaking months - 84 of 96 posts referred to Marquette. And this guy claims that MU is not a rival!!

Now, imagine if you worked with guys like this every day, and they were so arrogant that they have that attitude at work, and mention those things on a daily basis as if they are fact? It would be unbearable. Point is, Iceman does get carried away, and we all need to keep it civil, but don't ever underestimate the level of a-holes that people are surrounded by on a daily basis.

All that said, like MUIceman, I'm back. Always have to take a break after the Pro-Am to get away from it (actually went a stretch of three days without reading the board), but now its time to get back into the swing of things.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345