Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Now this is creativity, and I applaud this effort...wish MU would do something like t

I'm not opposed to the full season ticket plan idea, in principle.

Unfortunately, what is MU's full season ticket base...12,000 or so? What does the Bradley Center hold...up to 18,000?

Can they get the full season ticket base to make up that 6,000 difference? I don't know the answer. I'm willing to bet nobody here knows wither...And remember...not all season ticket holders are as passionate about this as you, Ice.

In addition...the more restrictive you make it, the more valuable the extra tickets become...ticket holders are likely to be motivated to sell for the higher/highest price, regardless of who they are fans of.

And "sanctions"...that's a little ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Eh...more Badger fans get to witness their team's demise in person. Sounds fine to me.
    You're obviously not sitting in the stands next to some of those tools!

Quote Originally Posted by MU_Iceman View Post
    They do include them in 5 game packs, and that is not NEARLY restrictive enough. You want the UW game?? Buy SEASON tickets, not a rinky dink 5 game pack. Like I said, I also like the idea of restricting zip codes. I do realize that many UW tickets get their tickets from season ticket holders, and with all due respect to MUMac, that sticks in my craw more than anything else. This has been an ongoing topic for me with the ticket office every single year. I know I'm only one voice, but I will pester them till the day I die with this issue. I have mentioned ot them before, there ARE ways of tracking which season ticket holders are selling to UW fans. in fact, it really wouldn't take much effort. Find out who they are, and sanction them somehow. Yes, to me, it's THAT important. The ONLY red i ever want to see in the BC every year are the few they are allotted by MU every year.

I don't know why MU insists on making it so easy for UW fans?? It's not like they need to worry about this game not selling out every year unless they do it the way they currently do. It's just stupid. As most are aware, I buy extras every year for this game with the sole intention of selling them to MU fans(at face value) and keeping them OUT of badger fans hands. Now, do I know for sure if who I'm selling to are true MU fans?? I've been around these boards long enough, I recognize screen names, I know who can/can't be trusted for the most part. If I have ANY question in my mind whatsoever, I simply don't sell them to that person. There's always someone that is eager to buy them?? One last thing...do I know what they are doing with them AFTER I sell them to them?? Actually, you might be surprised...since I know where the seat locations are of the tickets i sell, I will ALWAYS go check those seats before gametime and just see who is sitting in them and what color they are wearing. If they are in red, I simply right down the screen name of the person I sold them to, and make sure I don't ever sell them UW tickets again. I do my part as much as i can. I wish everyone else would to.

Honestly, I don't know why people care so much about this issue. My friend the UW season ticket holder just called me last week to confirm that I will head up to Madison for the MU game. I wear my gold proudly before, during and after the game and we give each other sh*t the entire day. I am sure that there are a number of MU fans that do the same thing.

MU fans make plenty of noise during the UW game. My nephew who is a student there said the loudest he has ever heard the BC was during last year's UW game - especially when Blue hit that off balance 3 point shot. It's not as though they lose their homecourt advantage in the process.

This is sports - not WW2.

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    You're obviously not sitting in the stands next to some of those tools!

I sit in the Kohl Center every other year for the MU game. I simply don't get that worked up about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    I think we have uncovered the problem….MU fans should never be friends with anybody who is a UW fan…….

Time for me to take my nephew(Junior at UW) off the Christmas card list…….
    I absolutely would. The biggest problem is, he attends UW. That's SOMEONE's fault.

They do include them in 5 game packs, and that is not NEARLY restrictive enough. You want the UW game?? Buy SEASON tickets, not a rinky dink 5 game pack. Like I said, I also like the idea of restricting zip codes. I do realize that many UW tickets get their tickets from season ticket holders, and with all due respect to MUMac, that sticks in my craw more than anything else. This has been an ongoing topic for me with the ticket office every single year. I know I'm only one voice, but I will pester them till the day I die with this issue. I have mentioned ot them before, there ARE ways of tracking which season ticket holders are selling to UW fans. in fact, it really wouldn't take much effort. Find out who they are, and sanction them somehow. Yes, to me, it's THAT important. The ONLY red i ever want to see in the BC every year are the few they are allotted by MU every year.

I don't know why MU insists on making it so easy for UW fans?? It's not like they need to worry about this game not selling out every year unless they do it the way they currently do. It's just stupid. As most are aware, I buy extras every year for this game with the sole intention of selling them to MU fans(at face value) and keeping them OUT of badger fans hands. Now, do I know for sure if who I'm selling to are true MU fans?? I've been around these boards long enough, I recognize screen names, I know who can/can't be trusted for the most part. If I have ANY question in my mind whatsoever, I simply don't sell them to that person. There's always someone that is eager to buy them?? One last thing...do I know what they are doing with them AFTER I sell them to them?? Actually, you might be surprised...since I know where the seat locations are of the tickets i sell, I will ALWAYS go check those seats before gametime and just see who is sitting in them and what color they are wearing. If they are in red, I simply right down the screen name of the person I sold them to, and make sure I don't ever sell them UW tickets again. I do my part as much as i can. I wish everyone else would to.
    Let me get this straight, you applaud Nashville for forcing fans to buy 1 extra game to get the Blackhawks game, but rip MU for making fans buy 4 extra games to get the UW game?

If you weren't serious that would be funny…….

I absolutely would. The biggest problem is, he attends UW. That's SOMEONE's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Honestly, I don't know why people care so much about this issue. My friend the UW season ticket holder just called me last week to confirm that I will head up to Madison for the MU game. I wear my gold proudly before, during and after the game and we give each other sh*t the entire day. I am sure that there are a number of MU fans that do the same thing.

MU fans make plenty of noise during the UW game. My nephew who is a student there said the loudest he has ever heard the BC was during last year's UW game - especially when Blue hit that off balance 3 point shot. It's not as though they lose their homecourt advantage in the process.

This is sports - not WW2.
    I agree with it on being the loudest. I was there, and the sea of gold was a sight to behold. That was one of my proudest moments as an MU fan, seeing all that gold in the building.

As far as it being sports and not WW2...I say this EVERY year. The MU-UW rivalry HAS to be one of the "softest" in America. I blame MU fans for most of that unfortunately...too many MU fans root for UW in "every other game" but this one. That's disgusting to me. I cite this every year as well, but think about North Carolina-Duke, Louisville-Kentucky(my favorite), Michigan-Ohio St, there are MANY that "get" what a true rivalry is about. Fans from thos teams can't stand the other teams fanbase. Most specifically UK-UL. They flat out HATE each other. Sure, all the fanbases i mentioned have football, and that is likely where it starts, but you are damn right it spills over to basketball as well. I just want to know why the UW-MU "rivalry" can't be that way?? Is this state really that "soft" as a whole??

Like I said, I also like the idea of restricting zip codes.
    So because I live in a Madison zip code, I would be restricted?

I'm as much as fan of Marquette as anyone here and that's all I'll say about that. My preferred response would have to be deleted immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by mutpm View Post
    Let me get this straight, you applaud Nashville for forcing fans to buy 1 extra game to get the Blackhawks game, but rip MU for making fans buy 4 extra games to get the UW game?
    You obviously didn't read the article thorougly...they also will not let you buy tickets for that game if you aren't in certain zip codes etc. It's far more restrictive than buying 'one extra game". Besides, MU's 5 game packs are probably almost as cheap as a whole, than a pair of predators tickets are. UW fans have no problems, buying the 5 game packs at $99 each and just "eating" the rest of the games. $200/pair for the UW game...That's cheaper than you can(or used to be able to) find them on the open market. Why wouldn't they do that??

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast