Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Now this is creativity, and I applaud this effort...wish MU would do something like t

Now this is creativity, and I applaud this effort...wish MU would do something like t

"Keep the red out" Are you listening MU??? I doubt it. No one in that ticket office cares one iota...

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/story...lackhawks-fans
    Last edited by MU_Iceman; 08-15-2013 at 10:05 AM.

Isn't the UW game usually included in one of the 5-game packs already?

I imagine most Blackhawk fans (and Badger fans) could still find reasonably priced tickets on StubHub without needing to buy a second game. The effort is fine, but I'm not sure it'll have any actual effect.

Didn't UWM do the same thing when they hosted MU and UW? I am not sure it will matter that much. MU sells 15,000 tickets per game. A good portion of UW fans are getting their tickets from MU ticket holders, including all of those in the lower bowl. This kind of ticket policy would not stop that from happening. Plus, I think its kind of bush league. You should have enough faith in your fanbase that they will buy your tickets in your place when playing a hot team or rival. Besides if a school like DePaul did this, they wouldn't sell any tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    I imagine most Blackhawk fans (and Badger fans) could still find reasonably priced tickets on StubHub without needing to buy a second game. The effort is fine, but I'm not sure it'll have any actual effect.

Eh...more Badger fans get to witness their team's demise in person. Sounds fine to me.

Kind of a snotty comment, Iceman, and uninformed. The fact is, Marquette has done exactly this to handle games when it did not want to get taken over. The first game that resumed the UWM series was one. The ticket office has also gone to some great lengths to keep UW fans out of games at home, like emailing every season ticket holder to try and sell them extras and arranging buses to bring students from Chicago during Christmas break. Not exactly not giving a damn.

As for this tactic itself, it can hit or miss. When UWM finally got its home game against Marquette, they tied it to a couple different four-packs. They didn't sell a lot of tickets. They finally started selling single game tickets shortly before the game, but by that time, many Marquette fans had given up, and the game was scheduled Thanksgiving weekend. As a result, they did not fill the Arena.

Many of the tickets that UW fans get are from season ticket holders. I host some UW fans every other year and they host me in return. Many others do the same.

MU also already provides season ticket holders first crack at the UW game. That tends to be sold out, or close to it, prior to going to the general public. So, I am not sure this way of doing it would make any difference.

Not uncommon practice. Many a team, pro and college, will force certain games into packages in a variety of ways. Smart thing to do.

Want to see Bucks v. Bulls in the Jordan days you needed to buy a 10 pack as all 10 packs had the Bulls games. Bulls fans bought Bucks 10 packs as it was easier to see the Bulls / get tix in Milw. Sold the other games to brokers.

I think UNLV did that when Badger football played in Vegas. I know guys that bought tickets, flew down for the Badger game, and then sold the tickets for the other games to brokers for next to nothing.

Brewers have done similar with Cubs games. Single tickets for that game had a higher price than other games.

Problem with MU v. Badgers is MU season ticket holders sell tickets to Badger fans. I'm always amazed at how many Badger fans sit near me at that game.

They do include them in 5 game packs, and that is not NEARLY restrictive enough. You want the UW game?? Buy SEASON tickets, not a rinky dink 5 game pack. Like I said, I also like the idea of restricting zip codes. I do realize that many UW tickets get their tickets from season ticket holders, and with all due respect to MUMac, that sticks in my craw more than anything else. This has been an ongoing topic for me with the ticket office every single year. I know I'm only one voice, but I will pester them till the day I die with this issue. I have mentioned ot them before, there ARE ways of tracking which season ticket holders are selling to UW fans. in fact, it really wouldn't take much effort. Find out who they are, and sanction them somehow. Yes, to me, it's THAT important. The ONLY red i ever want to see in the BC every year are the few they are allotted by MU every year.

I don't know why MU insists on making it so easy for UW fans?? It's not like they need to worry about this game not selling out every year unless they do it the way they currently do. It's just stupid. As most are aware, I buy extras every year for this game with the sole intention of selling them to MU fans(at face value) and keeping them OUT of badger fans hands. Now, do I know for sure if who I'm selling to are true MU fans?? I've been around these boards long enough, I recognize screen names, I know who can/can't be trusted for the most part. If I have ANY question in my mind whatsoever, I simply don't sell them to that person. There's always someone that is eager to buy them?? One last thing...do I know what they are doing with them AFTER I sell them to them?? Actually, you might be surprised...since I know where the seat locations are of the tickets i sell, I will ALWAYS go check those seats before gametime and just see who is sitting in them and what color they are wearing. If they are in red, I simply right down the screen name of the person I sold them to, and make sure I don't ever sell them UW tickets again. I do my part as much as i can. I wish everyone else would to.

I think we have uncovered the problem….MU fans should never be friends with anybody who is a UW fan…….

Time for me to take my nephew(Junior at UW) off the Christmas card list…….

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Many of the tickets that UW fans get are from season ticket holders. I host some UW fans every other year and they host me in return. Many others do the same.

MU also already provides season ticket holders first crack at the UW game. That tends to be sold out, or close to it, prior to going to the general public. So, I am not sure this way of doing it would make any difference.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast