Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deonte Burton on Go MU, Project 300

I have really been enjoying these, but I have to tell you that Patrick Reed's voice is so good, it is almost a cliche for what "announcer voice" should sound like.

I think Burton is going to be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    I have really been enjoying these, but I have to tell you that Patrick Reed's voice is so good, it is almost a cliche for what "announcer voice" should sound like.

I think Burton is going to be fantastic.
    I was thinking the same thing about his voice. It's so good it's annoying to listen to.

Who does Patrick Reed work for - he's not an employee of MU correct? It's a production company that work with other teams as well?

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    Who does Patrick Reed work for - he's not an employee of MU correct? It's a production company that work with other teams as well?
    He works for MU as the "Director of Digital Media/Internet Services"

From his bio: "Patrick Reed is in his second year as Marquette's Director of Digital Media/Internet Services. His primary role is to direct MU's athletic video efforts, including developing content for GoMarquette.com All-Access, social media and media relations purposes."

I stand corrected - thanks!

I wonder why they went away from having students do this kind of stuff? I always thought it was great training for the Communication/Broadcast type majors.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    He works for MU as the "Director of Digital Media/Internet Services"

From his bio: "Patrick Reed is in his second year as Marquette's Director of Digital Media/Internet Services. His primary role is to direct MU's athletic video efforts, including developing content for GoMarquette.com All-Access, social media and media relations purposes."

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    I wonder why they went away from having students do this kind of stuff? I always thought it was great training for the Communication/Broadcast type majors.
    MU athletics looks like it is really making an investment to have more video production work on their web-site. I have always found that students are fine for "special projects" and the like, but if you are really going to make something an integral part of what you want to do, you pretty much have to hire professional staff.

Of course that doesn't mean that students aren't involved with the process. Camera work...lighting...scripting...etc. I bet students are still involved.

I miss Brad Galli as an MU student reporter. Talk about a natural! Sometimes the pros aren't as good!

I do appreciate that MU is beefing up its coverage however.

I guess my thinking is only the hardcore basketball fans will see this stuff anyway and students would be fine but you are probably right Sultan.

Who was the guy they had a few years ago who is now working in Detroit? Brad?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast