Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cordell Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    WeAreDePaul.com ‏@WeAreDePaul 1m
    Update on our earlier report, Cordell Henry will not be joining DPU as a Grad. Asst. due to a problem with the hire. #dpubb
    Ouch - I assume back to North Park is not an option seeing he left them? I wonder what the "problem" was?

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    Ouch - I assume back to North Park is not an option seeing he left them? I wonder what the "problem" was?
    Couldn't get into a graduate program?

He is going back to North Park apparently

That seems rough.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Couldn't get into a graduate program?
    That does not appear to be the reason, as I read the De Paul board. They say a problem with the hiring process and the NCAA did not approve of the hire. Someone then posted this link and said "connect the dots" ... http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/ho...-up-recruiting

There appears to be more on the Premium Page, but I do not have access.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    That does not appear to be the reason, as I read the De Paul board. They say a problem with the hiring process and the NCAA did not approve of the hire. Someone then posted this link and said "connect the dots" ... http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/ho...-up-recruiting

There appears to be more on the Premium Page, but I do not have access.

Ah...OK. There is no allegation that Henry did anything wrong, but just that he cannot get hired because of his previous AAU connections.

And while I understand the intent of this rule, I really have to question its fairness. If a head coach wants to use one of his assistant positions to hire an AAU coach, I don't see the problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Ah...OK. There is no allegation that Henry did anything wrong, but just that he cannot get hired because of his previous AAU connections.

And while I understand the intent of this rule, I really have to question its fairness. If a head coach wants to use one of his assistant positions to hire an AAU coach, I don't see the problem with it.
    As I have always understood it...you can hire anyone you want for one of the 3 staff spots you are allowed to have...with no ramifications to recruiting.

What you can't do is hire an AAU/HS coach to one of the non-staff positions (director of basketball ops, video coordinator, etc) and continue to recruit from that program.

Sounds like DePaul signed, or is currently recruiting, someone who played for an AAU team that Henry had a connection to.

Quote Originally Posted by GOMU1104 View Post
    As I have always understood it...you can hire anyone you want for one of the 3 staff spots you are allowed to have...with no ramifications to recruiting.

What you can't do is hire an AAU/HS coach to one of the non-staff positions (director of basketball ops, video coordinator, etc) and continue to recruit from that program.

Sounds like DePaul signed, or is currently recruiting, someone who played for an AAU team that Henry had a connection to.

OK, I appreciate the clarification.

Did he get Will Ryan'd?

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    Did he get Will Ryan'd?
    Puju Swings and knocks it out of the park!
    "My contact didn't cite logic, he/she cited the NCAA rulebook." - IWB, 3/20/18

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12