Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: updates from pro-am?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Warrior View Post
    Which college player would you rank #1?
    My guess is Drew Windler. He is kinda Novak-esque. Runs the court nice and can nail the trey.

On Burton, great observations on his desire to play. I think that may come from playing at Brewster and being exposed to that high talent. Way underrated for his talent. His athleticism is off the charts, and he has the ability to dominate games offensively. Has things to work on but he is a man-child, and that starts with his motor.

I can't say yet, have to unveil it today.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

thanks for all of the updates.

question for those who watched Vincent's games last year. what seemed to hold burton back. seemed like he had a good year his senior year, but did not seem to dominate to the degree that might be expected considering his talents. Was it coaching? did he not play to the level he can? has he simply made that great of strides since the end of his senior year. I remember reading (IIRC it was sometime mid season) that someone commented that he would be a better college player then HS player. Do people who have seen him play more extensively agree, and why? He certainly intrigues me and I think he is going to provide us with many "wow" moments over the next few years. Can't wait to see him play.

again, thanks to all for the comments. living in Michigan, I always check frequently sat morning and throughout the day to see how the fellas looked. Helps feed my bball fix in the summer time. also, thanks again Jim for hosting this!

Crappy coaching last year held him back. No movement on offense whatsoever. Burton put on low block in stagnant offense. It was ridiculous.

Definitely agree about the coaching.

However I also think DB went out of his way to be unselfish and involve his teammates. He is a very good passer, though at Vincent he occasionally forced some passes.

The other thing about Burton is that he is very left-handed. Needs to work on his right hand.

There is no way that Drew Windler is the #1 college player in the Pro-Am this year, when I watched him and Davante play Davante dominated him, Windler also has been incredibly hard to watch due to his constant whining to the refs and complaining about calls. I spoke with Davante and Juan after their game with him and they both said he was constantly holding, shoving, or doing other things and then complaining everytime he got caught, that's what caused Davante to get the technical after tossing him to the ground. I have on a few occasions seen Windler airball 3's and miss layups on drives, I'd say most impressive for me was either Burton or Gardner when he was trying.

Windler looked great today and did win the college MVP. He is a damn good player who has developed quite well over the past few years. I think he was deserving.

I guess I missed the games he played well, I attended the Pro-Am 4 times and was incredibly unimpressed by Windler, admittedly his attitude turned me off more than anything though.

Davante had a shot at the overall MVP but had three no-shows down the stretch. So would you give the MVP to someone who played in 4 of 7 games?

Burton was great but his team finished with 1 win. Finished right behind Windler in scoring.

Windler led his team to a 6-1 record, averaging 30 pts & 11 rebound per game.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast