Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: updates from pro-am?

updates from pro-am?

anyone kind enough to share some updates/recaps from the pro am for the last two days for us out of towners?

Sorry, I don't see too much as I am always running around during games, but Deonte Burton continues to dominate. Bo Ellis keeps laughing, saying, "I'll tell you, that Burton kid...."

Deonte has been impressive, Jameel McKay has as well. McKay is a jumping jack and the kid just wants to win. Duane Wilson is quick as all get out. There is no question that he wants to be a team leader and it shows. It shows on the floor and it shows when he talks to me, he may be young but the kid is mature.

Other players? Today Marcus Landry showed why the Lakers signed him. Didn't put up 40+ like Myles & Dujante always do, but for a while there I didn't think he was going to miss a shot.

Not much of a recap, but when I can catch my breath I'll give a full review.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Unfortunately, player turnout the past two days hasn't been strong (at least from the Marquette guys).

Last night, there was Deonte, Jake, John, and Duane (can't remember if Jameel was there last night or not?).Today, there was Deonte, Jake, Jameel...and that was it. Hopefully the teams are pretty full tomorrow for the finale.

Deonte is highly impressive, really standing out among the new guys. Jameel is high energy, very long and thin. Jajuan has a very unorthodox shot...but hey, as long as it goes in.
    Last edited by MUBasketball; 08-03-2013 at 08:22 PM.

What has Deonte been doing to stand out? Transition, half court, outside shot, driving, dishing, etc? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGoldenEagle View Post
    What has Deonte been doing to stand out? Transition, half court, outside shot, driving, dishing, etc? thanks.
    Deonte is a freaking man. Hard to wrap my head around the fact he was a high school kid just a few months ago. The guy is put together. He's really got a full arsenal. I'm not trying to hype him up too much, because that happens far too often. But in terms of what I hope out of true freshmen, he looks really good. He's got more range than I expected him to have -- his shot has an awkward spin to it, but it's pretty reliable based on what I've seen so far.

where do we think he will play in the buzz offense? 3?

Where has Marcus Landry been the last few years? It is really nice to see him succeed. One of the best high school games I ever saw I was back home in WI and watched his Vincent team play Matthew's Memorial team in the D1 semifinals.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGoldenEagle View Post
    where do we think he will play in the buzz offense? 3?
    Yeah or an undersized 4. But he's a bruiser, he's got the body for it.

To echo MU's sentiments, yes. Outside shot (though teammates may disagree) a great handle on the ball, ability to drive to the hole, mid range jumper, rebound, defending 1-5 (have seen him defend PG and today he had to defend a 7 footer). The kid really just does it all, and he loves the freaking game. If it wasn't for NCAA rules - he would play the first game and keep playing until the night is done. Physically he is probably put together better than anyone in the league, and that is saying a lot.

He wants to play. Some guys blow it off if they are a little busy - he called me today and said, "I found a ride, they're on their way, can you delay our start time?" I couldn't delay, but he only missed first quarter. Out of all of the college players in the league this year - I would rank his performance this summer at #2.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Which college player would you rank #1?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast