Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT - Ryan Braun

"I bet my life that substance didn't enter my body" - Ryan Braun

What a slimebag he is.
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    Why? Breaking chain of custody is a big mistake and he should have been fired for it.

People are acting like his this guy's life was ruined. He was doing the collecting as a side job. I think he's fine.
    And he ADMITTED he was wrong and has paid a price even though he DID NOT mess with the results of the test. How long did it take Braun to admit his mistake (a pretty lame admission BTW)? How was Braun hurt - not much in the pocket book as far as his salary goes - 65 games with no pay on what a 10 year contract?

In any event, Braun should have been ever grateful that the lab guy kept lab tests too long as it allowed him to get off on a technicality in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    How long did it take Braun to admit his mistake (a pretty lame admission BTW)? How was Braun hurt - not much in the pocket book as far as his salary goes - 65 games with no pay on what a 10 year contract?
    1. He didn't admit anything, he claimed he made mistakes and wasn't perfect. The Clintons would be proud of his weasling.
    2. The loss of salary is minimal (for him at least) this year, as next year he is scheudled to get a big raise, followed by more in each succeeding year. Basically, he has a backloaded guaranteed contract, so he's financially better off taking the suspension now instead of later.
    3. His statements after the 2011 appeal are what most people are revolted by. His pious claims of innocence are just galling.
    Last edited by MayorBeluga; 07-23-2013 at 11:05 AM. Reason: correct awful typo
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

"He then ripped into the Wisconsin man in charge of collecting the urine sample, Dino Laurenzi Jr., privately telling his teammates and other players that Laurenzi purposely tampered with the sample. Laurenzi kept his job but was subjected to a stream of death threats from Brewers fans."

Quote Originally Posted by MayorBeluga View Post
    1. He didn't admit anything, he claimed he made mistakes and wasn't perfect.
    3. His statements after the 2011 appeal are what most people are revolted by. His pious claims of innocence are just galling.
    Your number 3 is the biggest thing. If he was guilty and taking PEDs back then and was just lucky the tester didn't follow procedures, then he sure should have worded that statement differently. That right there will haunt him.

The drug testing systme doesn't work or they would be catching far more 'Bruans' every year.

Quote Originally Posted by MayorBeluga View Post
    Yeh, but his hair looked beyond perfect for that presser.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123