Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Otule, "Good Eats!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Thanks Jim. There used to be a "family restaurant" in that area that we used to go to. Same place or different?
    Michael's?

Yep. Thanks Jim. Spent many Saturday and Sunday mornings in that place.

I go there when I am staying at the Ambassador when doing a stay over for a big MU game - seems like I always have a hangover when I go there - must be a coincidence. Great greasy comfort food breakfast stuff.

By the way, I'm guessing Chris went to the second Broken Yolk which opened on Wells St. between Sobelmans (former pizza place Angelos) and Real Chili. Trying to get a meal there during breakfast or lunch periods is not easy - it's jammed with students because of large portions at incredibly inexpensive prices. Michael's is still there, and now smoke free (like every eating place in Wisconsin), but it cut out the 24/7 hours - now early morning to late evening. It won't work for the post-bar-closing recovery (but Real Chili still does that).

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRev View Post
    By the way, I'm guessing Chris went to the second Broken Yolk which opened on Wells St. between Sobelmans (former pizza place Angelos) and Real Chili. Trying to get a meal there during breakfast or lunch periods is not easy - it's jammed with students because of large portions at incredibly inexpensive prices. Michael's is still there, and now smoke free (like every eating place in Wisconsin), but it cut out the 24/7 hours - now early morning to late evening. It won't work for the post-bar-closing recovery (but Real Chili still does that).
    That was probably a smart move for them to stop the 24 hour service before someone got killed. but dang, that place was good at 3 am.
    "My contact didn't cite logic, he/she cited the NCAA rulebook." - IWB, 3/20/18

If only those bricks MU is selling were from the Real Chili located next to the 'Lanche, that would be worthy of the price.

I don't remember Real Chilli being over there, but Whales on Wells.....nothing wrong with a basket,
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    I don't remember Real Chilli being over there, but Whales on Wells.....nothing wrong with a basket,
    That was a RC knock off next to the Lanche named Chile Gene's, I believe. Didn't last long

Quote Originally Posted by BLT View Post
    That was a RC knock off next to the Lanche named Chile Gene's, I believe. Didn't last long
    Actually Real Chili was just to the west of the Lanche through the mid '70's - maybe even as late as the '76 - '77 school year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12