Thread: “I don’t know who Bo Ryan is, by the way.”

“I don’t know who Bo Ryan is, by the way.”

There was a little blurb in Zags blog about Stanley Johnson, a top 15 player in 2014. Johnson evidently had one-handed dunk and posed right in front of Bo Ryan and then turned around, raced downcourt and swatted a shot attempt on the other end.

When asked about the play, he said with a laugh, “I don’t know who Bo Ryan is, by the way.”

I thought the quote was very odd. Wouldn't you think all top kids would know the name of coach of one of the Big 10 top programs?

Some kids don't follow college basketball and if he hasn't been contacted by Wisconsin, he really may not know the name.

Maybe he dozed off while watching Wisconsin play and thus couldn't remember the coaches name?

Clearly, the kid is just not smart enough for admission into the great land grant university for the state of Wisconsin.
    "My contact didn't cite logic, he/she cited the NCAA rulebook." - IWB, 3/20/18

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysfryboy View Post
    Clearly, the kid is just not smart enough for admission into the great land grant university for the state of Wisconsin.
    Clearly the kid is way too intelligent to play at the Harvard of the Midwest.

Sounds like a good kid!

Maybe he cooled on Bo

Quote Originally Posted by KalkBird View Post
    Maybe he cooled on Bo
    Bringing A game with post #1.

I feel sorry for the kid. It would appear that he has never seen the Christmas classic 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas'. Either that or he could not recognize The Grinch without his dog, Max.