Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Creighton made it to the big time

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Yes Sultan, because they don't have anything else.

beerhere6 - I wonder, had Lannon not been in Milwaukee when this all came down, would Pilarz be mentioned as often? Also, had his mother(?) not gotten ill causing him to want to get closer to home, I do believe Lannon would be the MU president and not Pilarz.
    Can Creighton repay their favor to us and let us trade presidents?

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    Can Creighton repay their favor to us and let us trade presidents?
    We would have to throw in future considerations to make that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by JDubMU View Post
    We would have to throw in future considerations to make that happen.
    I'd be willing to throw in mayor beluga if that would get the deal done.
    "My contact didn't cite logic, he/she cited the NCAA rulebook." - IWB, 3/20/18

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysfryboy View Post
    I'd be willing to throw in mayor beluga if that would get the deal done.
    The Mayor declines to waive the "no trade" cluase included in the free agent contract which brought Hizzoner over from Dodds' board. Interestingly enough, IWB also wanted the no trade clause to prevent Hizzoner from being traded to MU Scoop in exchange for Chicos, NateDogg, Puetro rican Nightmare and various other players to be named later.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Now that MU and Creighton are in the same conference doesn't that become a conflict of interest on athletic department issues for Lannon?

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaWarrior View Post
    Since moving to Eugene, Oregon I've paid more attention to Dana Altman, the former Creighton head coach and the current coach of the Oregon Ducks. He's a keeper and was highly underrated nationally during his years at Creighton and K State. He should be given major credit for getting the ball rolling in Omaha. I wonder if the Creighton program will maintain after the Jays lose Greg McDermott's son?
    I was at a Nike Coach's Clinic at the Dells, and Altman was one of the speakers. He had all his Creighton gear on and even stated how all the rumors of him leaving were false and how much he loved it at Creighton. I forget, but either that night, or the next day, he was announced at the new coach at Oregon. I think the Nike people got to him at the clinic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12