Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jamil Wilson - Nike Skills Academy

Jamil Wilson - Nike Skills Academy

http://www.nikeeyb.com/Events/big-man-skills-academy/

Jamil listed as one of the college players in attendance, although he wasn't measured. Late arrival or not going?

I see him listed at 6'7'' with a 6'11'' wingspan

Thanks. They just added his dimensions this morning.

They also added Amare Stoudemire and Anthony Davis as the "featured" instructors. Stoudemire I can see, but Davis? Hell, Jamil is 3 years older than him, and he is the featured instructor?
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    They also added Amare Stoudemire and Anthony Davis as the "featured" instructors. Stoudemire I can see, but Davis? Hell, Jamil is 3 years older than him, and he is the featured instructor?

Really? Who is the better player?

I am not asking who the better player is, just making a point about the ability to coach/advise/mentor, which is what is supposed to happen at these camps. On the collegiate roster there are 8 guys that are older than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    I am not asking who the better player is, just making a point about the ability to coach/advise/mentor, which is what is supposed to happen at these camps. On the collegiate roster there are 8 guys that are older than him.

But none of them have played in the NBA. Age doesn't matter.

Yes, I know he has played in the NBA. That is not the point at all. I feel age/experience does matter.

I get where Jim is coming from. Anthony Davis is a featured big man instructor for college players?

So you go to these skills camps to learn and find ways to improve your skill sets. Basically, you want to augment what your college staff has taught with others in the field that may be able to show you something different to enhance your skills. For years big men from all over would go to the Pete Newell Big Man camp. This is the same type of deal.

I think it would be interesting to see Anthony Davis take these college 'big men' and see how he coaches them to improve their game. I'm sure in his one year of college and one year playing for New Orleans he has picked up a lot that he can work on with and teach college players to improve their game.

Keep in mind that Anthony Davis started out his high school career as a 6'0" guard and grew after his sophmore year. He's only been a 'Big Man' for less than four years, and two of those were high school.
    Last edited by Goose85; 06-25-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Now I understand why Obekpa is such a great shot blocker - 7'4 1/2 wing span. Wow!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast