Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AJeseryGuy's Latest

AJeseryGuy's Latest

Not much really new. he does speculate that the Big East may be waiting for the NBA Finals to be completed.

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=6974

Here is a subset:

Word now has it that could possibly be another two weeks until a commissioner is chosen, crowned, announced, you pick the term. The two-week time frame is interesting because the NBA finals between the Heat and Spurs, if it goes 7 games, will end on June 20th–two weeks from Thursday

And while NBA connected names such as Celtic President Rich Gotham and NBA executive VP Stu Jackson and Mark Tatum have been mentioned, perhaps even interviewed, no white smoke from the Chimney’s of the leadership group led by Georgetown has been seen.

I'm a broken record, but this whole thing is a joke. The new conference beings in 25 DAYS and there is no commissioner, no staff, no office. This sounds like a tiny conference, SWAC-esque operation. What in the hell is the holdup?

How accurate is the Georgetown leadership reference again?

I want to know how much work Beebe's group might be doing for the conference in the meantime.

I continue to hold out hope that this cant be an incompetent as ajerseyguy is maintaining and he doesn't have a full picture of what is going on behind the scenes. But maybe I am simply too optimistic.

It isn't incompetent by any means--and I have some good information. MU athletics admins are working this stuff out with the other conference members. There have been many, many back room meetings and conferences among the schools. From what I know, it is getting done and it is a lot of work--divided among the schools. Sounds like Georgetown and MU are in leadership roles. Schedules are being set, details of the Conference hoops tournament are being worked out. They are busting their tails but it sounds to me like things are falling into place. If aJerseyGuy thinks differently, he is likely mistaken.

Saw that MU Volleyball has their schedule all set. Volleyball Conference Championship in Omaha. So, progress is being made for the Fall sports.

http://www.gomarquette.com/sports/w-...ley-sched.html

Shocked to learn that jersey guy is just a blowhard on this issue.

Jerssyguy is a blowhard BUT I'm tired of everyone dismissing this like its no big deal. They announced the split back in December and expedited a split from the Big East a year early...and 6 months later still no conference staff. Its a joke and I'm tired of people ignoring this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MUBasketball View Post
    Jerssyguy is a blowhard BUT I'm tired of everyone dismissing this like its no big deal. They announced the split back in December and expedited a split from the Big East a year early...and 6 months later still no conference staff. Its a joke and I'm tired of people ignoring this issue.
    Why is it an issue? Do you really understand the ramifications or do you just love freaking out?

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Why is it an issue? Do you really understand the ramifications or do you just love freaking out?

Exactly. I am unsure exactly what the problem is here. Work is getting done. They'll get a commissioner and a staff hired.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast