Thread: Wow...Bucks trade Bogut and Jackson

Wow...Bucks trade Bogut and Jackson

Get Monta Ellis and Udoh from GS.......

Does that mean they are going to trade Brandon Jennings?

Major trade and something the Bucks really needed to do, but Andrew Bogut will be missed. Yes, he was often injured, no he wasn't a "franchise changer", but the entire time in Milwaukee he was nothing but a class act on and off the court.

The first year I set up the pro-am I contacted every member of the Bucks that I could get a contact number for (that wasn't many). The only one I heard back from? Andrew Bogut. Got back to me, apologizing saying that he had just arrived back in Australia and wouldn't be back until the last week. Obviously he didn't have to do that, but he did.

And, starting Squad 6? Legendary type stuff, I hope Squad 6 is dressed in black tomorrow night.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Anybody that complains about this trade is just being short sighted. The Bucks stand in the 8th spot and most likely in the playoffs right now. You just traded two pieces that arent even playing or helping you get there for a 20 point scorer and a very young athletic big. Great trade by Hammond IMO. Plus it gives you cap space for next year with Browns expiring contract. I liked Bogut also, he was always very cool to Milwaukee, but fact is the Bucks havent won a thing while he was here....so it was time to move on. Good luck Andrew.

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about it, as I said, it was really something that the Bucks needed to do - just pointing out that Bogut has been a model citizen in his time in Milwaukee.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Bogut is an excellent player too. I hope he does well going forward and I have this feeling he may well develop into an All-Star level player over the next 3 years. I have always really liked him but he could never put it together here, mostly due to injuries and ahole teammates who did not play team concept basketball. I think the Senator needs to figure out a way to sell the team soon--he is getting old and is hopefully proactive from either a sale or estate planning perspective.