Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Providence Journal - Big East Meetings

Providence Journal - Big East Meetings

Update from the Providence Journal:

http://www.providencejournal.com/spo...ving-ahead.ece

Interesting:
    The league will sponsor an 18-game, round-robin schedule and Fox is said to excited about a potential Tip-Off day/night where all 10 schools would play.

Do it on a saturday and get the games going at 11 CT , 1:30CT , 4:00 CT , 6:30CT , 9:00 CT.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJesswein View Post
    Do it on a saturday and get the games going at 11 CT , 1:30CT , 4:00 CT , 6:30CT , 9:00 CT.
    That would be perfect. I can't think of a conference doing something like this and promoting it. Just as long as it's not on New Years Day.

All teams must work hard to sell out MSG. We never had to do that because it always sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJesswein View Post
    It would be more like 11, 1, 3, 5 & 7. College is two hour time window.

I don't care how you split the hours, doubt it will happen on a Saturday at the expense of football. Fox has college football and when that ends they have NFL games. Would have to be deep into the NFL playoffs before that can happen.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    I don't care how you split the hours, doubt it will happen on a Saturday at the expense of football. Fox has college football and when that ends they have NFL games. Would have to be deep into the NFL playoffs before that can happen.
    Don't conference games usually begin after most college bowl games are over? I think most bowl games are on ESPN too.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Don't conference games usually begin after most college bowl games are over? I think most bowl games are on ESPN too.

Marquette's first conference games have been on January 1 lately. So this could be the Saturday after January 1.

You are correct, don't know why I was thinking NFL starts splitting Saturday/Sunday by then.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

When asked about the ACC coaches expressing a desire to play their tournament at MSG, Driscoll (Providence AD) said he does not see that happening.

“We have dates locked in for a long time [through 2026],” he said. “We definitely have strong enough teams to sell the place out. Ours fans love coming to New York and we’ll do what it takes to get an absolute sellout.”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast