Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooting Guards coming up now on ESPN2...

Shooting Guards coming up now on ESPN2...

...with Vander at the combine.

...and during the shooting drill they showed Vander's group each shoot a less than contested jump shot from the top of the key and they didn't pan out once, not once, to see if he made the shot - about 7-8 jumpers - not once!!! Come on ESPN. His form is admittedly a little tough to watch in comparison to some of the other guys.

Yeah, this coverage seems to be more about getting to know the players, or having the talking heads tell us about about abilities rather than actually seeing their abilities. Instead of these guys talking and interviewing everyone, I'd rather listen to the instruction that's going on. If you can't watch, don't worry. It's a waste of time. It's feels like I'm watching the NFL draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucrisco View Post
    Yeah, this coverage seems to be more about getting to know the players, or having the talking heads tell us about about abilities rather than actually seeing their abilities. Instead of these guys talking and interviewing everyone, I'd rather listen to the instruction that's going on. If you can't watch, don't worry. It's a waste of time. It's feels like I'm watching the NFL draft.
    Agree 100%.

Buzz is there - brief interview with him - talked mostly about Jimmy B's increasing profile and he didn't know why Vander was a late selection for the combine - he assumed that someone declined the invitation.

I wonder if Vander is getting over a bug or something - he seems to be sucking wind more than the other guys.

...and Buzz needs to shave!!

This morning mentions of Jimmy B and how well he performed at the combine...DJO winning the one-step vertical last year...all the talking heads on the ESPN panel would pick Steven Adams (only 28" + on the standing vertical) over Zeller.

...and Zeller comes in the with highest standing vertical of the big guys thus far @ 35" - impressive - #1 for the big guys so far by over an inch.

Zeller really ripping it up - his 35.5 standing vertical the highest ever for a guy 6'9" and over and finished first on the max vertical (37.5) and the agility for all the big guys.

2 guards up next.

Vander Blue did have the best time for the lane agility drill, if that means anything to you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast