Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ACC and MSG

Love this "breaking news" from ESPN -- ACC will consider playing in MSG. No ****!

Not sure what the benchmarks are, but I sure hope like heck the new Big East meets them because no way do I want to see the ACC playing the conference tournament at MSG. Need to make sure the tourney will be sold out, which hopefully can be done. A successful St. John's wouldn't hurt.

Yeah, but I don't think this has been reported previously:

"Sources said MSG can get out of its deal before 2026 if the new Big East doesn't reach certain benchmarks."

So the now arrogant ACC is looking to work with MSG assuming that the new Big East won't hit their benchmarks (which I'd guess are attendance driven).

I really can't stand the ACC, and I hope Louisville dominates that conference for years to come.

Well, the BE has nothing to worry about as long as they hit the benchmarks. I mean, if the shoe was on the other foot and we were trying to leverage the A10 out of the Barclays Center, we would have no problem with the tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    I mean, if the shoe was on the other foot and we were trying to leverage the A10 out of the Barclays Center, we would have no problem with the tactic.
    Great point.

Who can blame them for thinking of going to MSG? It's every university and every conference for themselves nowadays, everybody is looking for their best interest. Let's just hope the first conference tournament for the new Big East at the Garden is a huge success.

Quote Originally Posted by MUBasketball View Post
    Great point.

Who can blame them for thinking of going to MSG? It's every university and every conference for themselves nowadays, everybody is looking for their best interest. Let's just hope the first conference tournament for the new Big East at the Garden is a huge success.
    Agree that it is everyone for themselves and screw the others now.

I just think it is more than unusual that the ACC, through ESPN, would according to the article say "We'll be playing there," a source said. "It's just a matter of getting all the legal ramifications worked out."

The building is booked through 2026, yet the ACC says they will be playing there and does so publicly through ESPN.

Sounds like the ACC, and I'd guess with ESPN's help, is trying to find a way for MSG to break their deal with the Big East and go with the ACC.

Here is what kills me.....

"Why shouldn't the premier basketball conference play in the world's premier arena?"

"No matter what business model you're in, if you're the best -- and our league is the best -- you should take it to New York," a source said.

While true, that is a pretty sh*tty thing to do. Raid the Big East, then boast about being the best and taking over their venue? That is BS. Screw the ACC.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

This is about the fourth time ESPN and the ACC floated this...really would help the new BE to friggin name a commish and staff to get the positive pr machine rolling.
    Last edited by BLT; 05-15-2013 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Spelling

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast