Thread: Michael Snaer

Michael Snaer

Just how close did we get to getting him - was it KU and MU after Florida State? Others too? Very impressive player. He kind of reminds me of Earl Tatum - athletic, long range, good D. Not as smooth looking, but no one was/is.

I remember talking to his AAU coach at the time, Elvert "Kool-Aid" Perry, and while Kansas was up there, I am pretty sure the final three were FSU, Marquette and Missouri.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

I have watched many FSU games this year as my son goes there. During each game I always think what could have been if we would have had Snaer in addition to DJO.

Could we have both? Didn't we go after DJO to fill Snaer's spot?
    Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    I have watched many FSU games this year as my son goes there. During each game I always think what could have been if we would have had Snaer in addition to DJO.

Don't remember the exact timeline, but that could be right. Also had Buycks in that class too.

That recruiting class was Erik Williams, DJO, Buycks, Yous Mbao, Jeronne Maymon, DJO, Junior Cadougan and Brett Roseboro.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Snaer verbaled in November to FSU. Buycks was already committed by then so I doubt Buzz would have signed another 2 guard if we had gotten Snaer but I guess you never know.