Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: J. Butler AP Article

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    MUMac, good point regarding Wes Matthews. He has really played well for a Portland team over the last couple years. No playoffs last year or this year along with playing on the West Coast has sort of kept him under the radar to those out East and in the Midwest.
    They have some other good young players, including this year's ROY, but have been bitten by the injury bug. I wouldn't be surprised if they break through next year. At least I hope so. I hope Wesley heals up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    That is true....Jimmy simply is more athletic.
    That is the last thing that came to mind - quick and athletic - the first few times I saw him at MU. At the time, I thought he was kind of slow and lumbering and not made for Big East play, but he sure did progress at a nice, steady and consistent pace.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    That is the last thing that came to mind - quick and athletic - the first few times I saw him at MU. At the time, I thought he was kind of slow and lumbering and not made for Big East play, but he sure did progress at a nice, steady and consistent pace.

I think what happened to JFB at MU, and at Chicago, is that he took his time to kind of figure things out and "let the game come to him." (yay...basketball cliches!!!) But once he got the lay of the land, he felt more comfortable.

I think the opposite of this is Vander, who seemed to operate a full speed and had to be slowed down.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12