Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: J. Butler AP Article

J. Butler AP Article

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/butler-...4954--nba.html

So, go figure. A player from Marquette is one of the biggest stories after one game of this Chicago-Miami series, and his name is not Dwyane Wade.

''He's in shape,'' said Wade, who scored 1,281 points in his two Marquette seasons - four points more than Butler had in his three seasons there. ''The guy is in shape. To be able to play that many minutes in a row, obviously a lot of guys can't do that. And still be aggressive on the offensive end, and defensively be able to guard different guys, he's special in that sense. That's why Marquette chose him.''

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorCandelino View Post

That's why Marquette chose him.''
    Awesome line Trevor!
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Buzz should send that article to recruits.....

I love the rep, or should I say brand that Buzz has created at MU and that Jimmy Butler is now helping to promote by his stellar play and iron man performance.

Our tourney success, Buzz's exposure, along with the success of a guy like Jimmy Butler is huge. It should not only help with recruits, I think it will help Vander get drafted and be given a legit shot at making a team. Should also help Jamil Wilson next year as well.

Doesn't hurt having Jimmy covering either LeBron or D-Wade. A ton of MU exposure in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I love the rep, or should I say brand that Buzz has created at MU and that Jimmy Butler is now helping to promote by his stellar play and iron man performance.

Our tourney success, Buzz's exposure, along with the success of a guy like Jimmy Butler is huge. It should not only help with recruits, I think it will help Vander get drafted and be given a legit shot at making a team. Should also help Jamil Wilson next year as well.

Doesn't hurt having Jimmy covering either LeBron or D-Wade. A ton of MU exposure in this series.
    In some ways, it's a shame Wes is in Portland. Imagine Wes in the East and in a major city. He would add the pub for Marquette. Being out west, and on bad Trailblazer team, sometimes that gets limited.

I hope Jimmy's success gets another look for Lazar. They are similar players and Lazar is Marquette Tough as well.

MUMac, good point regarding Wes Matthews. He has really played well for a Portland team over the last couple years. No playoffs last year or this year along with playing on the West Coast has sort of kept him under the radar to those out East and in the Midwest.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    I hope Jimmy's success gets another look for Lazar. They are similar players and Lazar is Marquette Tough as well.
    True, though Jimmy is taller and longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    True, though Jimmy is taller and longer.

And quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    And quicker.
    That is true....Jimmy simply is more athletic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast