Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jimmy Butler

Jimmy Butler

Jimmy Butler last night in game six of a playoff series.... 48 minutes, 17 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 steal, 1 block.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

was all over the place and incredibly active on both ends---looked real solid. All he needs is to keep boosting his confidence with the jump shot. He's going to be making a lot of money in this league for a long time. People here are already saying he's one of the best defenders in the league.

It took him a couple of years to become a leader in college. Seems that elevating his game by next year would be in keeping with his college pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reptile View Post
    It took him a couple of years to become a leader in college. Seems that elevating his game by next year would be in keeping with his college pattern.
    This.

Jimmy's pro career is mirroring his college career. I noticed that earlier this season. Biggest difference this year is confidence. Confidence in himself, from his coach, teammates and with the system.

Stacy King had a great comment about Jimmy last night during the telecast. He said some other players on the Bulls will need to start guarding because Jimmy can't guard everyone.

Evan Daniels tweeted during the game "Jimmy Butler is quickly becoming one of my favorite NBA players. Whats not to like?"

Interesting - the Bulls lost by 3 and Jimmy's +/- was -3. He guarded Joe Johnson for much of the game. Joe Johnson's +/- was 0. Almost a wash between the two from a team perspective. I just wish JB made a couple almost bunnies that he missed last night - could have made a difference.

Jimmy played all 48 minutes so of course his +/- will be reflective of the score...

while that's a good line for a 3rd year player, ultimately if he had shot a bit more effectively, it could have swung the final decision. Crazy to think he's progressed to the point that I think he could improve upon that line. Quickly ascending to the 2nd best Marquette player in the NBA; to date, it may be a wash between him and Matthews, but Butler clearly has the better upside moving forward (not to mention a bigger market).

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    Evan Daniels tweeted during the game "Jimmy Butler is quickly becoming one of my favorite NBA players. Whats not to like?"
    He plays for the Bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedbluegold03 View Post
    Jimmy played all 48 minutes so of course his +/- will be reflective of the score...

while that's a good line for a 3rd year player, ultimately if he had shot a bit more effectively, it could have swung the final decision. Crazy to think he's progressed to the point that I think he could improve upon that line. Quickly ascending to the 2nd best Marquette player in the NBA; to date, it may be a wash between him and Matthews, but Butler clearly has the better upside moving forward (not to mention a bigger market).

If you look at these active rosters side-by-side, it is pretty miraculous that Chicago is even alive at this point. Thibideau (sp) is a really, really good coach.

For those of you in Chicago there is a special feature on Jimmy's story. It airs at 6pm during the Comcast Sports Network pregame. I believe it's entitled "The Long And Winding Road"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast