Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Cell?

I had on this morning 1250 WSSP and Chuck Freimund said in a nice way, this is a bad move. He said something like they only draw 2,000 per game why play at the Cell that holds 12,000. Play basketball on campus.

I would say to him have you been to the KC before? Way to many bleacher seats and the view from the chairback seats were bad if someone sits in front of you. It's not a fan friendly building.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    I had on this morning 1250 WSSP and Chuck Freimund said in a nice way, this is a bad move. He said something like they only draw 2,000 per game why play at the Cell that holds 12,000. Play basketball on campus.

I would say to him have you been to the KC before? Way to many bleacher seats and the view from the chairback seats were bad if someone sits in front of you. It's not a fan friendly building.
    If Freimund had bothered to do his research, he'd know we were averaging 4,000 before the move back to the KC... that's larger than the capacity of the KC.

I would also imagine more fans would be compelled to make it out to the Cell now that they've suffered through the alternative for an entire crap-tacular year... kind of like how Coca-Cola sold more than ever before after the New Coke controversy.

To be fair the 2011-12 season of over 4,100 per game was built up by home games with Wisconsin & Butler. That being said many schools will not come play at the KC like they would play at the Cell. I heard it could've been a done deal to host St. Louis last season if they were playing at the Cell.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    To be fair the 2011-12 season of over 4,100 per game was built up by home games with Wisconsin & Butler. That being said many schools will not come play at the KC like they would play at the Cell. I heard it could've been a done deal to host St. Louis last season if they were playing at the Cell.
    I don't think it's really fair to say Butler and Wisconsin "inflated" Milwaukee's overall attendance when there is zero chance of getting competition like that to play them at home (at least not without getting the state legislature involved, in the case of Wisconsin) if they remain at the Klotsche. Mizzou and Cincinnati were both willing to do 2-for-1's with Milwaukee before the move (which couldn't happen due to scheduling conflicts)... teams like them won't even answer the phone for us until we're back downtown.

I would say this will be a done deal in the next few weeks. The ticket office has to put out in June season-ticket info for the 2013-14 season and work the phones to get the others back!

I'm sure the fans will want them to expedite the process. If they don't, they can of course make those concerns clear to Amanda in June when we put on the first Black and Gold Club social event.

The move to the Cell is a must! Example: When Davidson got to Milwaukee this past season and found out they were playing at the KC and not the Cell, when they first made the deal on the schedule we were still at Cell, they were super pissed!

KC is a horrible environment for everybody! Students hate it, I am sure season ticket holders hate it, and I know the players don't enjoy it that much either. Everyone played along with it at the beginning of the season but not it is just ridiculous.

I'm glad we still won that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Anger Management View Post
    The move to the Cell is a must! Example: When Davidson got to Milwaukee this past season and found out they were playing at the KC and not the Cell, when they first made the deal on the schedule we were still at Cell, they were super pissed!
    Are you sure that is true? I thought the deal was done in August, long after the Panthers were playing at the KC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast