Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving to Cell?

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Are you sure that is true? I thought the deal was done in August, long after the Panthers were playing at the KC.
    Yeah, I think MU is correct here. If I remember correctly, the deal with Davidson came together within a few weeks in mid-late August.

Jimmy that was our only positive note from the season.

Mu/Panther: I heard from people in the AD that their coach was pissed we were playing in the KC and not Cell. So it could be or couldn't be. Just stating what I heard from higher ups.

Maybe after Davidson saw what a dump it was they realized how bad the KC really was. Most likely they were mislead as to what the KC was.

What matters is that the team is likely headed back where it belongs, downtown in the Cell.

Quote Originally Posted by Anger Management View Post
    Maybe after Davidson saw what a dump it was they realized how bad the KC really was. Most likely they were mislead as to what the KC was.
    Playing on ESPN at New Mexico in the Pit than playing four days later at the KC, I would be mad too.

This was fast. Wave con't with the Cell.

The Milwaukee Wave, now under the ownership of former Milwaukee County parks director Sue Black, have reached agreement on a new, two-year lease with the Wisconsin Center District.

Black confirmed the deal on Tuesday. She said the lease begins June 1.

The U.S. Cellular Arena has been home to the Wave for the past 10 years.

Terms of the lease were not immediately disclosed.

“It’s very exciting for me, personally, to be coming back to the U.S. Cellular Arena. We have great memories here, winning championships. The home field advantage is certainly great and the arena is considered the best playing field in the Major Indoor Soccer League,” said Keith Tozer, the Wave's longtime head coach and senior vice president of soccer operations.

I know this is somewhat off topic, but who still gives a crap about indoor soccer in 2013? Who even goes to Wave matches besides youth soccer clubs and their parents?

Quote Originally Posted by illwauk View Post
    I know this is somewhat off topic, but who still gives a crap about indoor soccer in 2013? Who even goes to Wave matches besides youth soccer clubs and their parents?
    Wave attendance did go up this past season. Average attendance was 5,068 for 13 games and 7,518 for two playoff games.

We're being out-drawn by friggin' indoor soccer, now?

Granted, basketball offerings in Milwaukee are plenty where soccer offerings are finite; but good gracious, if that's not a kick in the nuts...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12