Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To the surprise of no one, Duke gets off.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    If Thomas was still at Duke the NCAA could have forced him to talk but they have no power over him now
    Mark - that is exactly the point. In the case of the Miami booster they were dealing with former players. The NCAA stated, and I quote, "Refusal to speak to investigators will be treated as an admission of guilt."

So why is that the case with Miami and not Duke?
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Mark - that is exactly the point. In the case of the Miami booster they were dealing with former players. The NCAA stated, and I quote, "Refusal to speak to investigators will be treated as an admission of guilt."

Because one is Miami and one is Duke. Next question.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Yeah I guess I don't know why they would have treated the 2 cases differently. One of the national guys should ask the NCAA that question....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post

Sic Bilas on this. If he'd go digging at the alma mater.
    "My contact didn't cite logic, he/she cited the NCAA rulebook." - IWB, 3/20/18

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12