Thread: Big East will add 2 teams

Big East will add 2 teams

"Two more teams will be added to the Big East, we are certain of that, but right now those two teams haven't been decided - but it will be a 12 team conference."

http://www.southorangejuice.com/2013...-pat-lyons-q-a

So a 12 team conference with home and homes.....certainly a couple of ways to do this but sure sounds like divisions to me.

If they do it East and West that will not be good for MU. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    So a 12 team conference with home and homes.....certainly a couple of ways to do this but sure sounds like divisions to me.

If they do it East and West that will not be good for MU. IMO
    You're right - I would hope that they would realize that would be stupid. One division - 8 mirror games and two singles for 18 total.

What the heck, just play home and home with 22 conference games. A long season, but sure takes care of some scheduling/RPI issues......

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    What the heck, just play home and home with 22 conference games. A long season, but sure takes care of some scheduling/RPI issues......
    That actually makes sense. Imagine having meaningful conference games starting in mid-December while everyone else is playing Southwest Nowhere State. Could give the conference RPI a boost, too.

VS

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    You're right - I would hope that they would realize that would be stupid. One division - 8 mirror games and two singles for 18 total.
    Whoops - that's not right - 7 mirror games and 4 singles although my preference is 16 conference games and add 2 tough non conference games - one on road and one home - depending on who the final two teams will be, RPI may still be a concern. I know it won't happen though - 18 games seems to be the standard now.