Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MU may play New Mexico next year

New Mexico returns all their key guys except for Tony Snell, and should be really good again this season. Also, there are some signs of New Mexico offense breaking out under Craig Neal similar to how ours did in Buzz's first year (coaching preaching to play at a faster tempo).

That would be a good matchup for this year, would we start at home?

Perhaps a warm up for Anaheim?

MU was looking for two solid home and homes, one to start this year, one to start next year, so if this is not at home this year, there should be one more to come that will be.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

So, MU is looking for two H/H series, one to start at home and the other to start on the road in 2013-14 season.

You can't get any better of a school that is not in a BCS league than New Mexico. Always a great RPI school.

Playing at "The Pit" would be a tough non conference road game. Good test for MU.

This would be a solid get and I'd hope to start at home this year. That way Dawson would have a decent chance of getting some PT in front of his friends and family next year.

I think the Dawson factor has 0% to do with this match-up.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    I think the Dawson factor has 0% to do with this match-up.
    Whether it does or not, I think it should. I am very much a fan of the idea of giving players homecoming games like UNC does. I think it's the type of thing that could help when you are recruiting kids to come hundreds if not thousands of miles from home. I'd be a big fan of seeing us look at a series with Memphis in the next couple years for Jajuan's benefit, especially as he committed to a league that was planning on having the Tigers in it. I know homesickness is something many of these kids will deal with regardless, but if they have the promise of a visit home and letting their friends and family see them play I honestly think that could help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast