Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Larry Williams

I think people are freaking out when at this point there is no reason to freak out.

Let's give the guy the benefit of the doubt here.

Plenty of time to hate him if the unthinkable happens.

Hard for me to believe anybody in the administration would be that stupid but then again......somebody did think "THE Gold" was a good idea......

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaWarrior View Post
    The AD needs some serious help on the PR front. The JS column didn't come off well and his profile in NYC should have been unmistakable.
    And they better be ready for the repercussions. They will make Fr. Diuilo a happy man, he would no longer be the most despised President in MU history.

Drbchilds posted on scout that Larry was in NYC. Fwiw.

Ok, I have heard from someone that said that both Larry and Fr. Pilarz were in New York. I also saw the post from Dr. Childs, who I do like and respect. That being said, Larry W. is a pretty huge dude - can't miss him type of guy, so if no one at the game saw him, did he go? Was he in a box?

I don't want to extend a witch hunt if the guy was there and all of this is nonsense, but.... I played football with some pretty huge guys in college. (Goo can back me up). However, when football playing friends from Notre Dame or Iowa came in to town, there was no question, you know they were in the bar. Larry W is that sized kind of guy, so why did no one at the game see him?
    Last edited by IWB; 03-09-2012 at 10:19 PM.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Guys, let's calm down a notch here. I understand why people were upset with the Larry Williams article, but let's not assume the worst here. That is all.

Jim, is it possible that you could get an interview with the AD? It might help to resolve some of the concerns mentioned on this board and others as to the future of MU athletics (especially basketball and lacrosse) and I don't think the MJS is necessarily up to the task.

I think the article, couple with some concern on the behalf of what I consider to be good MU sources / insiders, is what has me concerned.

Buzz should be the happiest guy on MU's campus - let's hope Larry Williams agrees. Don't mess with happy Larry - figure lacrosse out first.

I have met Larry Williams and he seems like a good guy. He may well have a different view of MU athletics that we do. I am certain he is acting in the best interest of Marquette--as is Fr. Pilarz. We all view MU hoops as the 1st priority. I may well disagree with things he does but one thing I think is pretty unfair is to ascribe improper motive. So Larry wasn't sitting behind the bench in MSG--maybe he gave up his seat to a prominent alum. I think we need to be fair to the guy.
    Last edited by Gato78; 03-10-2012 at 10:48 AM.

So was the JS article botched journalism or just tone deaf PR?

Guys,

Both Larry and Father Pilarz were at the pre-game reception at Del Frisco's steakhouse. I spoke to both of them for about 10 minutes a piece. I have no idea if they then went to the game, but I assure you with 100% certainty that they were at the pre-game reception.

I will tell you that I went out of my way to mention to Father Pilarz that it was VERY important to me that He, Larry and Buzz were happy and that I wanted to see the three of them representing my University for a long time.

I didn't have an opportunity to ask Larry anything earth shattering as he was surrounded by 6-8 people the whole time and I didn't find it an appropriate time to ask him some of those types of questions.. Besides, I spent 2 hours talking his ear off just a few weeks ago.

I will say that he truly has MU's best interest in mind and he is a VERY great guy. There are some minor changes that need to occur, but I really am not worried about Buzz leaving.

I can't and won't say much, but I will say that there is absolutely zero chance Buzz is fired. That should be obvious, but so many are reading between some very vague lines and jumping to ridiculous conclusions. Buzz will be here as long as he wants to

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast