Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wardle investigation?

The Cerroni leaving thing is troublesome....because he is a quality kid from a good coaching family....he got in Wardle's doghouse and never made it out....he didn't seem to be in over his head on the court.....would like to see how this plays out...

The Bross leaving thing is a joke....he's a freakin walk-on....a project.....his parents were meddlesome since the 4th grade.....they were unrealistic in grade school and high school and always cackling and whining about something....nothing was ever good enough or fair....in this case, size doesn't matter....if you can't play, you can't play.....he got a shot at a D1 school.....he is better off at a lower level or just getting a degree....laugh this one off....his parents are text book, clinical, unrealistic, whining interveners....ask anyone who knows Menomonee Falls sports....MU72 agree?????

I hope Wardle can right the ship....

I was told Cerroni didn't like being a role player and wasn't having fun anymore.

As for Bross - I heard there was an issue a while back, the kid didn't like getting yelled at. Seeing the report say there was never any physical contact makes me believe that what I heard is exactly the case.

Do these people not realize how serious this is? This isn't just complaining about playing time, this is an NCAA investigation. This could ruin the guy. My guess is that the investigation turns up absolutely zilch - nothing. But Wardle has been doing well, and close to getting a shot at a bigger program - on the heels of the Mike Rice thing, this could prevent him from getting a bigger job even though he looks like he is ready for sainthood compared to Rice.

If something real did occur, then yes, it is serious, but I am sick and tired of parents complaining when they are completely clueless.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

I didn't see this was a NCAA investigation...but the fact that Wardle was left on the job by the school means the administration thinks it is minor to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BLT View Post
    I didn't see this was a NCAA investigation...but the fact that Wardle was left on the job by the school means the administration thinks it is minor to me.
    Didn't Rutgers think what Rice did was minor?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    I was told Cerroni didn't like being a role player and wasn't having fun anymore.

I heard it was a little deeper than that...nothing physical...

Quote Originally Posted by GOMU1104 View Post
    Exactly, but you would have thought after Rutgers, the UWGB admin would have put him on paid leave unless they already were very familiar with the issue. If it proves deeper, the administration just opened themselves up to a lambasting.

Quote Originally Posted by GOMU1104 View Post
    They did suspend Rice for 3 games without pay and fined him $50,000. I would not say that they thought it was minor. They had the video. They knew what it was. They did not take the proper action at the time, but they definitely thought it was serious.

We are in sort of a super-sensitive season these days. I did not see the original OTL video of Rice, but what I saw leaked to YouTube was not all that shocking. I saw him "kick" one player, which consisted of hitting one of his legs with the side of his foot in order to get him to position it correctly. He screamed a lot. He threw a ball at somebody. I expect there was more in the original video, but what I saw was not too shocking.

Of course, his famously used some terms that would not be acceptable to the gay community, but until recently, most of America would not have been too offended by that, and I doubt that most basketball players actually are. The first thought that occurred to me was that Rick Majerus reportedly used to refer to many of his players by a slang term for female anatomy, and now everybody thinks he is a saint. Every single basketball coach who has been at Marquette since I have been a fan, with the possible exception of Hank, used less than delicate language around his players. Kevin O'Neill used to come up with obscenities that nobody had heard before. Fans with small children would be advised to keep them out of earshot of Mike Deane during games. And Buzz has mentioned that he has to clean up his mouth in public. What he says in practice is not for public consumption. Physical abuse is a whole different thing, but even there, teams practice hard, bang into each other and coaches, often on purpose, and somehow manage to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiedswang View Post
    The Cerroni leaving thing is troublesome....because he is a quality kid from a good coaching family....he got in Wardle's doghouse and never made it out....he didn't seem to be in over his head on the court.....would like to see how this plays out...

The Bross leaving thing is a joke....he's a freakin walk-on....a project.....his parents were meddlesome since the 4th grade.....they were unrealistic in grade school and high school and always cackling and whining about something....nothing was ever good enough or fair....in this case, size doesn't matter....if you can't play, you can't play.....he got a shot at a D1 school.....he is better off at a lower level or just getting a degree....laugh this one off....his parents are text book, clinical, unrealistic, whining interveners....ask anyone who knows Menomonee Falls sports....MU72 agree?????

I hope Wardle can right the ship....
    Yeah Eddie, I know the Bross's pretty well. Two softest giants I have ever seen. Not to mention, they have been coddled by the parents. Kids get opportunities because of their size, but there really isn't much talent or potential there. Both of them are very nice, very smart kids. They just don't have the mental makeup or drive in my opinion to be college athletes.
    Last edited by mufansince72; 04-11-2013 at 10:21 PM.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast