Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Wardle investigation?

the problem Wardle has now is that this situation has allowed the administrators, investigators and media to a certain degree of having full access to the guts of his program and how he does things. I would suspect that if one was to witness any college program, they would be alarmed at the language used by the coaches to motivate a player. Wardle's every word now will become public for all to see and I don't think any coach in this country would want that for themselves. It's not excusing it, but I doubt he comes out of this untarnished.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Federal privacy laws prohibit comment about the accusations. The privacy laws extend to any records and information directly related to the student--including any records maintained by any party or organization acting on behalf of the school. The privacy right is vested in the student. ESPN vs Ohio State provides that the confidentiality extends to all "personally identifiable information". Wardle and the University are precluded from any comment both as a matter of law and as a matter of University policy.

Correct. I know UWGB cannot comment on the specifics from a legal perspective, but they can issue a comment on the investigation saying something like "we are aware of the allegations and are committed to conducting a thorough investigation." Like Tulsa said, the University can never look like they are taking side or have any sort of bias. And once the investigation is completed they will likely release a document that states what their investigation determined with specific names redacted.

First off, of course he is correct..... he "knows" Wardle's attorney.

Also, UWGB did issue a comment initially, or we would never know there was an internal investigation.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

On top of this, listening to talk radio the last few days has made me sick. Jason Wilde was on the air yesterday going off on how Wardle should never coach again, he should never coach a YMCA team, he would never allow him to be around his kids etc etc. Seriously? This is a bunch of crap.

Wardle is a great guy, a great coach and he should not have to go through what he is being put through.

What will Bross' mom do when he can't get off the bench at Concordia?
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    On top of this, listening to talk radio the last few days has made me sick. Jason Wilde was on the air yesterday going off on how Wardle should never coach again, he should never coach a YMCA team, he would never allow him to be around his kids etc etc. Seriously? This is a bunch of crap.

Wardle is a great guy, a great coach and he should not have to go through what he is being put through.

If I am the coach of Concordia, I don't care how good he is, I don't want him.

That is surprising coming out of Wilde as you would think he is around NFL coaching. My guess is that can get a bit more intense than college ball at UWGB.

I got to think at least part of this media reaction is that Wardle from Marquette, and not a UW-hypenated school (or the People's Republic itself).

Wilde is very close to Demovsky.

I see the comments on Facebook in support of the family! It is scary to me that people support the bross's blindly and calling for Wardle to be fired only knowing one side of the story!

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    I see the comments on Facebook in support of the family! It is scary to me that people support the bross's blindly and calling for Wardle to be fired only knowing one side of the story!
    Is it more logical to completely discount the kid without an ability to hear the other side as so many here have done?

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast