Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jake Thomas transferring....

Jake Thomas transferring....

Per Jeff Goodman, does not affect scholarship situation

That's a bit surprising given he had already transferred once, I wish Jake the best of luck though, seems like an all around good guy.

So no word on where yet? Dumb question, did he have a scholarship this year and if he didn't does he have to sit out a year or does that even matter?

If he graduates this spring maybe he can play immediately? He's been in school for four years correct?

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    If he graduates this spring maybe he can play immediately? He's been in school for four years correct?
    I figure that must be the case, and I cannot blame him if he gets a free year and takes it playing a bigger role at a smaller school. He tried it at this level, could not keep up with speed, and will go back down to a better level for him.

UWM, UWGB, UIC and South Alabama have inquired per Goodman

Makes sense as he can get more free education while playing someplace he can get good PT....

Good luck to him and I'll never forget that 4 point play against Syracuse.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Good luck to him and I'll never forget that 4 point play against Syracuse.
    As well as that putback against Butler in Maui.....

Really a win-win for him if he leaves MU with a degree and is able to parlay his time here into an extra year of playing at a level more suited to his abilities. The only way this doesn't make sense is if he won't graduate for MU. Hardly seems worth it to sacrifice a degree from MU to sit out another year, just to play one season at a blah mid-major.
    Last edited by lougrant; 04-03-2013 at 09:29 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast