Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UIC, VALPO, LOYOLA, UM-KC - Favorites for MVC membership

I really hope the HL keeps UIC. We need to have a Chicago school in the league for recruiting.

MUPanther couldn't be more accurate. Losing UIC would be seriously detrimental to recruiting. Look at how much all of us recruit Chicago.

You'd have to think #9 is Oakland. After that, who knows? I'd consider hanging tight at eight - bigger piece of the pie - but unfortunately we need to lessen the weight of programs like YSU, who drag us down for a long time. I know those fans could say the same about us this year, but seriously, f*ck them we've been an anchor in this conference once in the past 14 years. Hell, even when we were 9-22 in 2006-07, we finished 7th.

Milwaukee gets back to the Cell and gets back to the 18+ win mark annually, this conference is better. Personally, I'm going to be pissed if we don't challenge for a League title next year. Loyola was a team that would always beat us no matter how good we were at any given time.

Milwaukee/UIC/Green Bay/Valpo/Detroit/YSU/CSU/WSU

That isn't a weak conference. Losing Loyola, even without adding anyone, boosts us - they were "so much better" than Milwaukee and finished 222 in the RPI. Take that out and this conference is elevated.

I thought the HL would be asking schools to come join in March. I can't believe nothing has been said since Butler has left.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    I thought the HL would be asking schools to come join in March. I can't believe nothing has been said since Butler has left.
    I think what you have is a tenuous situation for different conferences, so Belmont et al don't want to say yes and miss out on an opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Lemke View Post
    I think what you have is a tenuous situation for different conferences, so Belmont et al don't want to say yes and miss out on an opportunity.
    OK, what is the wait on Oakland.

OK, what is the wait on Oakland.
    I wonder as much myself. I'm assuming the conference wants to make a big statement by adding two schools (or four) together, but I'm not sure that's the best plan.

To me, the best plan is to spread it out - as soon as you get a new member, announce it. That way, you get multiple news cycles talking about the Horizon League.

That and you give that one school it's day in the spotlight.

That and you give that one school it's day in the spotlight.
    Bingo.

I saw that Loyola promised to boost its athletics budget to $15 million to get into the MVC. How about raising your budget to that while you're still in the Horizon instead of being penny-pinching jerks?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123