Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UIC, VALPO, LOYOLA, UM-KC - Favorites for MVC membership

Everyone and their mom saying Loyola to the MVC. Still surprised that it wasn't UIC. Could ours and Rob Demovsky's reports have swayed MVC? Fans weren't too happy about UIC.

Seriously though? Loyola? Really? I can understand them not wanting us, but Loyola? Are they smoking something? Good luck with that MVC...

It's all about facilities. FACILITIES!

If its about facilities and UIC got passed up i am dumbfounded. That is the part that has me shocked. Go for a school in a subpar gym that had its last big accomplishment in basketball in the 60s over a school that has beautiful facilities in multiple sports and in my opinion is a much better overall pick than loyola, in UIC. How does that make any sense? If they are taking both it changes things but if not then they are on the loopy gas over at MVC headquarters.

Loyola just redid all of its basketball facilities.

What about this?

I will miss Loyola. Those were some really fun trips. I wish them the best in the MVC.

I don't think the gentile is all that special. I am not bashing loyola or its facilities. I am simply saying that in comparison to UIC i dont understand why loyola was picked over them. Uic has a beautiful basketball arena, practice facilities, and a beautiful baseball stadium. And they are in the process of getting a new baseball field. My point is why did the mvc pick loyola over a school that is in better shape at the moment and that seemed to fit better than Loyola?

On a side note. I did enjoy traveling to Loyola. It was easy to be loud and it was fun going back and forth with their student section.

If I could choose one of UIC, Valpo or Loyola to lose to the MVC, it would be Loyola. Replacing them with Oakland improves our league. Question is, who is school #10?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast