Thread: O T Cronin turns down Minn

O T Cronin turns down Minn

Katz
    Source: Minnesota reached out to Cincinnati's Mick Cronin, but he withdrew from consideration, citing family, commitment to UC.

I am starting to get upset. I had coached grade school basketball for a number of years and I think I may be the only coach Minnesota has not spoken to. Damn that stings!

Our old friend Dwayne Stephens would be a great fit there, and the record of high-major assistants is actually a lot better then successful mid-major coaches at this level.

Jeter? Wardle? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

I just don't know if DJ is a big time head coach. I know I am biased, but I think they should look at Iowa State Associate Head Coach TJ Otzelberger. From Wisconsin, recruits the Minneapolis/Wisconsin areas with success, would be a good pickup.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    I just don't know if DJ is a big time head coach. I know I am biased, but I think they should look at Iowa State Associate Head Coach TJ Otzelberger. From Wisconsin, recruits the Minneapolis/Wisconsin areas with success, would be a good pickup.
    TJ would not be a bad choice other. I am a big fan of Enfield for USC, but not sure if that style plays well in the B1G. After that, may as well take a chance on a top assistant instead of head coach one step ahead of the pitchforks (Anthony Grant).