Thread: Boeheim's 36th Year....Buzz's 5th Year

Boeheim's 36th Year....Buzz's 5th Year

We are all down about the loss, but happy with the success MU had this year. To put into perspective, in Boeheim's 5th year @ Syracuse, they were in the NIT. Buzz has gone:

2009: 3rd round loss (2nd round at the time)
    2010: 2nd round loss (1st round at the time)
    2011: Sweet 16
    2012: Sweet 16
    2013: Elite 8

Just wanted to provide context. I hope Marquette can have the luxury of having Buzz Williams (who is only 40 now) for another 20+ years. The alumni, students, fans are all behind Buzz. Sounds like the administration is slowly coming around. Here is Boeheim's history at Syracuse:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Boeheim

That and it's take cuse 10 years to get back to the final four.
    "My contact didn't cite logic, he/she cited the NCAA rulebook." - IWB, 3/20/18

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysfryboy View Post
    That and it's take cuse 10 years to get back to the final four.
    Nope...Boeheim I will have retired long before then. Cuse will be an ACC cellar dweller by then...? In the meantime, congrats to Cuse today.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Nope...Boeheim I will have retired long before then. Cuse will be an ACC cellar dweller by then...? In the meantime, congrats to Cuse today.
    I think Ziggy meant it had taken Cuse/Boeheim 10 years to get back to the Final 4 (2003-2013)

Taken. With as good as cuse has been the last 10-15 years, hard to believe that MU was 1 game away dfrom returning before cuse did.
    "My contact didn't cite logic, he/she cited the NCAA rulebook." - IWB, 3/20/18