Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Other coaches getting extensions

Other coaches getting extensions

@SIPeteThamel: Sorry, UCLA. VCU is working on an contract extension to keep Shaka Smart. Should have an agreement soon.

@GaryParrishCBS: Asked if he's agreed in principle to a new contract with Memphis, Josh Pastner told @CBSSports, "That is accurate."

Both Pastner and Smart have been mentioned with the two open LA jobs, now it appears they are off the board. I hope as soon as the final buzzer goes off on our final game that MU will announce an extension with Buzz... I just keep praying.

Buzz is also still coaching while those other two aren't.

That's why I said as soon as our final game finishes I hope the university is preparing to offer an extension. No reason they can't be prepared, to me that would be a bonus and I think Buzz would appreciate that, it looks poor if the season ends and they wait two weeks to discuss an extension when it's being widely reported that other schools are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzWilliams4Pres View Post
    That's why I said as soon as our final game finishes I hope the university is preparing to offer an extension. No reason they can't be prepared, to me that would be a bonus and I think Buzz would appreciate that, it looks poor if the season ends and they wait two weeks to discuss an extension when it's being widely reported that other schools are interested.

What happens, happens. Enjoy being a fan on Thursday. No reason to worry about something you can't control.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    What happens, happens. Enjoy being a fan on Thursday. No reason to worry about something you can't control.
    Sorry, but that is cr*p. As fans, alumni, etc... we have every right to expect that the University do the right thing. If they seem to not value BW's contributions to the same extent that many of us do, then they to will have to deal with "what happens, happens". My confidence in the current administration is not high. While they appear to have done a great job with getting the new conference established, letting go, or not working hard enough to keep arguably the best coach MU has seen since Al, would tarnish their legacy for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzWilliams4Pres View Post
    Buzz gets a one year extension every year as a part of his rolling contract. He's always under contract for 6 years at any given time I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephys View Post
    Buzz gets a one year extension every year as a part of his rolling contract. He's always under contract for 6 years at any given time I believe.
    At only an incremental raise.
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by pbiflyer View Post
    At only an incremental raise.
    How much more money can we possibly pay him? He's collecting $2.8ish and hasn't been to a Final Four yet. We're already paying him what he's worth IMO.

He is not collecting $2.8 mill per year, last year he made $1.7 million. The year before that he got a one time bonus that brought him to $2.8 million, but he does not get that every year.

http://m.jsonline.com/more/sports/bl...ntinue_reading

Exactly Buzz4Pres, that is what I have been trying to tell people. His top 5-10 paid assumption is all based off of one single retention bonus.

His base still seems fair, so what they need to do is give him another retention bonus. The question is, will it be worth it for him to stay?
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast