Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big Game In Chicago Area Tonight

It was all Simeon in the second half.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

We all know that Okafor is a beast for Whitney Young and highly touted.
    Any thoughts on the 6'8" kid 2014 kid Paul White from Whitney Young? Is he in the Kevon Looney mold or does he look to be more a power forward type player?

White is defintely not a power foward type. More of a point forward. Looks very smooth although i didn't see him shoot any jumpers.

So would you describe him as a 'switchable' type?

Simeon won - pretty much dominated the second half. Taylor (for the most part) held Okafor to zero points in the second half.

Agree with the assessment, although I think they were a bit overly confident in his ball handling skills, when the Simeon guards applied pressure, he did have some trouble with it. I know he has had some injury problems, but Whitney Young also has Hamilton on top of Okafor - that is one heck of a front court.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Yeah in Buzz's system he would be a switchable since he is not a point or a big. Obviously talented but still has a few years of high school left so it's hard to know what the finished product will look like.

White and Looney are both in Scout's top 25 for the class of 2014.
    I really hope we land Looney and another guy like White would probably be too much to ask.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123