Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tubby Gone

Tubby Gone

Made the tourny and won a game...not enough....

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...t-at-minnesota

Will my old prediction of Shaka Smart to Minnesota to join his former VCU AD take hold?

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    Made the tourny and won a game...not enough....

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...t-at-minnesota

Interesting that AD Teague hired Shaka Smart. Interesting spot for Smart.

Nice of Goodman to include Buzz's name in the mix. Really, Buzz to Minn? Why?

"Expect Teague to take a shot at persuading Smart to rejoin him, but it's a longshot. Also expect names such as former Minnesota Timberwolves coach Flip Saunders to be tossed around, but I'd be surprised if these guys don't delve into the coaching ranks. Remember, the Teague-Ellis duo is as familiar with college coaches as any administrative duo in the nation after starting up the Villa 7 years ago. Look for these guys to also see if Marquette coach Buzz Williams, who was involved with Villa 7, is interested in making a move."

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Interesting that AD Teague hired Shaka Smart. Interesting spot for Smart.

Nice of Goodman to include Buzz's name in the mix. Really, Buzz to Minn? Why?

"Expect Teague to take a shot at persuading Smart to rejoin him, but it's a longshot. Also expect names such as former Minnesota Timberwolves coach Flip Saunders to be tossed around, but I'd be surprised if these guys don't delve into the coaching ranks. Remember, the Teague-Ellis duo is as familiar with college coaches as any administrative duo in the nation after starting up the Villa 7 years ago. Look for these guys to also see if Marquette coach Buzz Williams, who was involved with Villa 7, is interested in making a move."
    Buzz needs a raise this offseason, deserves one, and I believe will get one.

Roll up the brinks truck. Keep him here. Do what Pitt just did with Jamie Dixon.
    Minnesota is a crappy job, and I doubt they would even pay what MU pays Buzz right now.

As TedBaxter said, would this be a Shaka Smart destination? Would they pay enough to get him?

Buzz to Minnesota makes about as much sense as Kevin O'Neill to Tennessee....and would be about as damning an indictment if he did leave.

Maybe Goodman is putting Buzz' name out there so the Marquette administration takes notice?

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    As TedBaxter said, would this be a Shaka Smart destination? Would they pay enough to get him?
    I wonder is Shaka is deciding between UCLA and this. Minny is not a bad job by any means (and VCU is basically in CAA 2.0 in new A-10), and would have not the crazy pressure of UCLA.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    Maybe Goodman is putting Buzz' name out there so the Marquette administration takes notice?
    Bingo, Buzz needs a little respect money.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast