Thread: MU in the NCAA

MU in the NCAA

Stolen from Scoop:

Between 1977 (end of Al) and 2009 (The beginning of Buzz) MU won 10 Tourney games

1979 - Pacific
    1982 - Evansville
    1994 - Louisiana - Lafayette
    1994 - Kentucky
    1996 - Monmouth
    2003 - Holy Cross
    2003 - Missouri
    2003 - Pittsburgh
    2003 - Kentucky
    2008 - Kentucky

In the five years of Buzz we have won 7 Tourney games ...

2009 - Utah State
    2011 - Xavier
    2011 - Syracuse
    2012 - Murray State
    2012 - BYU
    2013 - Davidson
    2013 - Butler

Got to love seeing Kentucky on there 3 times.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Yes! The UK fans were so annoying this weekend, they just kept having to talk about next year or last year, that said I did chuckle when I drove past a Bob Morris car dealership this weekend.

Here's hoping by the end of this season Buzz has more NCAA wins than all the coaches from 1978 through 2008 combined.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    Here's hoping by the end of this season Buzz has more NCAA wins than all the coaches from 1978 through 2008 combined.
    That really speaks to how darn lucky we are to have Buzz. That stat is just incredible.

rerminds me, when I flew to Minneapois in 2003 for Sweet 16 game vs. Kentucky, the woman, in her 60's sitting next to me remarked about my Marquette jacket I was wearing. Winds up she was Adolph Rupp's secretary when she was there, we had a wonderful convesation about that era and one thing that stuck with me she said that the most frequent matchup in NCAA tournament history was Marquette - Kentucky and we had a winning record. She also asked me about our fat little coach (Ric Majerus), who she said UK used to beat like a drum, including the Utah final game. I looked up both records, she was correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriors69 View Post
    rerminds me, when I flew to Minneapois in 2003 for Sweet 16 game vs. Kentucky, the woman, in her 60's sitting next to me remarked about my Marquette jacket I was wearing. Winds up she was Adolph Rupp's secretary when she was there, we had a wonderful convesation about that era and one thing that stuck with me she said that the most frequent matchup in NCAA tournament history was Marquette - Kentucky and we had a winning record. She also asked me about our fat little coach (Ric Majerus), who she said UK used to beat like a drum, including the Utah final game. I looked up both records, she was correct.
    I use that Kentucky stat often - to have that you have to be in the NCAA's a lot and to beat one of the 3-4 most legendary programs 6 out 10 times including a 3 game winning streak says a lot about the history of the program.

MU's Saturday game was MU's 40th in the NCAA's w/ 31 losses right. If so that is the same record as Illinois'. Speaking of the Illini, so happy they lost - reading the Chicago papers and watching the news would have been dreadful.

Buzz has 17.5% of MU NCAA wins in 5 years and with a win Thursday, Buzz would have 19.5%.