Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great game story from Doyel

Great game story from Doyel

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...caa-tournament

And by the way, he is right about Buzz in the presser. I listened to it, and let me just say...it was odd, very odd. Buzz went on a tangent about reporters, then railed on the NCAA about it being about money. Just really bizarre.

Yep well done Doyel again.....

Buzz is Buzz but he tends to try and make fights where none exist.....Just relax and enjoy the moment......

I am completely speculating, but part of it is the travel/rules. He mentioned the money the NCAA makes, but they can't go to the hotel. They have to go home. It's after 11 and they just had two emotional games, but have to head for the airport and fly out. Then when he asked about the time of the game, and no one knew, he had the same type of feeling. All for money and TV.

Again, pure speculation, but that is how I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    I am completely speculating, but part of it is the travel/rules. He mentioned the money the NCAA makes, but they can't go to the hotel. They have to go home. It's after 11 and they just had two emotional games, but have to head for the airport and fly out. Then when he asked about the time of the game, and no one knew, he had the same type of feeling. All for money and TV.

Again, pure speculation, but that is how I read it.
    I have the same opinion.

Did anyone else understand his comments when he said he didn't want to be in the tourney any longer but wanted to win the next game in the tourney. Confusing for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JDubMU View Post
    Did anyone else understand his comments when he said he didn't want to be in the tourney any longer but wanted to win the next game in the tourney. Confusing for sure.
    Just getting to the tourney is no longer good enough. You want to win games and make runs.

I must have equated it to his being pissed at the NCAA. Hopefully he is just worn out. He has been to hell and back this weekend. Prayers to his wife and family.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    Just getting to the tourney is no longer good enough. You want to win games and make runs.
    Yeah, that is the way I took that as well. He said at one point in his comments about God's test, that they haven't passed that one yet - I believe he meant they have not yet gone beyond the Sweet 16. He is not satisfied getting to the Sweet 16, he wants more.

Yeah, woke up this morning to an email from MU at 11:42 last night inviting media and fans to welcome the team back at 1:30am
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Dont worry Jim, Im sure Wickett had it covered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast