Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wichita St

Wichita St

I've been telling you guys, Wichita St would be a great addition to the conference. Their stadium is always packed and hostile, they have a good team, and a great coach. It won't happen, but it would be awesome to go in that atmosphere and have to win a game.

Greg Marshall can coach. Big time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Greg Marshall can coach. Big time.
    Yep. Remember that game against his team the Amigoes frosh year. Marshall can do it.

Wichita St and VCU should be the final two teams. How incredible would that be? The only thing that would suck is those two coaches would be my favorites for Buzz's replacement. Maybe we would never need that.

+ Wichita St (Kansas)
    + Gonzaga (Washington)

East:
    St. John's
    Georgetown
    Providence
    Seton Hall
    Villanova
    Xavier

West:
    Marquette
    DePaul
    Creighton
    Butler
    Gonzaga
    Wichita St

Oh boy, another Gonzaga debate is about to start. Isn't there a dead horse somewhere?

Anyone else jumping on the Wichita St to the New Big East bandwagon?

Not I. I lived in Wichita for a few years. I just don't think it is a fit or sustainable. Just my opinion. They are a better fit in the MVC.

Understandable. I've never been there. Honest question. Have you been to one of their games? I saw them on TV this year, and the atmosphere was incredible. They really packed the place and they were loud. I noticed they get great attendance, even at their women's basketball and volleyball games. So, I'd imagine they always support their men's basketball team. Do they always get that crazy for their games, or did I just watch a big game? My criteria has always been good team, community that cares about their team, cool arena, and administrators that care about basketball. That place seems to fit perfectly. I would love to see Marquette have to go into the environment and have to win a game. Contrast that with going into all-state.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Not I. I lived in Wichita for a few years. I just don't think it is a fit or sustainable. Just my opinion. They are a better fit in the MVC.
    I too have been in favor of Wichita but like Crisco, have never been there. Care to elaborate on why you don't think they are a good fit? Maybe they aren't. Do you think Creighton is a good fit?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast