Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lougrant View Post
    So Jim, how'd the clown in the suit deal with our win?
    Was he still there at the end Jim?

Yes, his whole table was there. Vander hits the shot, the entire place was going nuts and this table was just sitting there as if their dog just died.

Funny, there were four guys at the table. One, late 30s-early 40s wearing a Badger sweatshirt and stocking cap pulled way down. The tool with the suit who was probably 60+, another guy wearing a sweater who was probably 60 and another guy in a sport coat who was late 50s.

Believe it or not, the guy in the Badger sweatshirt seemed like the only guy that was quietly pulling for Marquette, and seemed happy with Vander's shot. The other three were absolutely motionless. I mean, even if it was Davidson that hit the shot, I would have showed some emotion, these guys were absolutely motionless. Not turning to each other with a "did you see that?" or a "can you believe that?" Nope, they sat there absolutely motionless. It was as if they were trying to show people that MU is no big deal.

Today comes the Badgers game. Now I admit I am a die hard Marquette fan, but if I was in a local establishment full of Badger fans watching the Badger game today I would be pulling for Wisconsin. They are from this state, as are several of their players. Well..... after the behavior of these guys, it makes it hard to pull for them?

Best part was that these guys were ripping Vander throughout the game, 'over rated', 'terrible shooter' etc etc. Love that Van hit the shot.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

A few of us local Madisonians watched the game at a local establishment. There were a couple of groups of Badger fans cheering every Davidson shot like it was their own team. There were enough there that cheered Blue's shot, but those few sat and sulked. I may or may not have shouted something to the effect that UW fans didn't think he could play.

Those select few are what makes it really difficult to be happy with any UW success.

I am in Austin with a group of Marquette grads. The bar we were watching the game in ended having 4 separate groups of Marquette fans. Much better location than you, it sounds like IWB.
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678