Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Louisville board after the Kentucky loss

That is pretty darn funny.
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Let's hope we don't have Wisconsin fans feeling this way about us Thursday night. http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=schad...w=1366&bih=651

Louisville would take a national championship this year if it means a first round NIT exit next year. When one program has won two national championships since you won your last one, this kind of stuff seems a little silly.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Louisville would take a national championship this year if it means a first round NIT exit next year. When one program has won two national championships since you won your last one, this kind of stuff seems a little silly.

So would I...

I disagree with you there, Sultan. The issue, and why they deserve to be made fun of so hard, is that there is absolutely no excuse with the talent on that team to A) Not make the NCAA tourney and then even more so B) that they lose in the 1st round to a team like Robert Morris. If their team had been gutted because everyone went pro and they didn't have any talent left, that would be one thing. But they have lots of talent on that team and woefully under-performed. They deserve a good mocking for that!

Kentucky it talented, but young. It has freshman and sophs. If this team stayed together for a couple of years, they would be really good. Right now, they were just a very young team, going into a tiny gym full of crazed fans. Kentucky just came off the disappointment of not making the NCAAs, while Robert Morris has the biggest game in school history. As much as people don't care for Cal, I don't think this team underachieved. It takes a very special freshman to dominate immediately. Last year's team at least had a few upperclassmen making contributions.

Put it this way, look at our freshmen. Do you think a team of Steve Taylor's could get into NIT? Mac, Key, RL, etc had a losing record as freshmen. 16-13 as sophs.

Now, next year, I hear the group he assembled is awesome. They play beyond their years. Couple them with this year's leftovers, and Kentucky should be pretty good.

BTW, Kentucky just added Julius Randle to the incoming class. They now have four of the top 10 players (Scout), six of the top 20. The #1 PG, #1 SG, #1 C, #2 C, #1 PF and #3 SF. Evan Daniels calls it the "best class he has ever seen."

With some of their anticipated 1-and-dones staying for another year, how are they going to clear the cap space?
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    With some of their anticipated 1-and-dones staying for another year, how are they going to clear the cap space?
    I think World Wide Wes is going to restructure his contract to get it done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast