Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big East Presidents to hold press conference

DJOOOOOOOOOOO ... his call on DJO's 3 against Syracuse two years ago was a thing of beauty.

50% of the Big 10 network is owned by Fox Iirc so anybody that does games for them could also do games for us....Gus, Brian Anderson, and Mike Kelly just to name a few.

I still have that game on DVR Mark...."We're ballin now!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Miller View Post
    DJOOOOOOOOOOO ... his call on DJO's 3 against Syracuse two years ago was a thing of beauty.

I didn't realize that. Fantastic! Looking good up front.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    He has done more than some work with Fox. He is working for Fox, primarily. Their lead announcer in college football and will be their lead BBall announcer. He left CBS after 2011 (I believe after the MU/Cuse game, he felt he could not top that!) and went to Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    50% of the Big 10 network is owned by Fox Iirc.
    Does this mean the Big East will follow the lead of the B1G Network, er, conference, in de-emphasizing athletics?
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Some details...

**Fox Sports is a 12 year deal

**MSG is a "continuing relationship." They haven't mentioned a term of the deal however.

**Really appealing to the roots of the conference. Had the PC college president speak...his dad worked on the initial marketing of the conference.

**Lacrosse will be a BE sport, but will invite "associate members" into the conference.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Some details...

**Fox Sports is a 12 year deal

**MSG is a "continuing relationship." They haven't mentioned a term of the deal however.

**Really appealing to the roots of the conference. Had the PC college president speak...his dad worked on the initial marketing of the conference.

**Lacrosse will be a BE sport, but will invite "associate members" into the conference.
    There are some really good smaller Catholic schools that play Lacrosse at a high level, like Loyola Maryland. A really good non-Catholic addition would be Johns Hopkins which is an independent and a perennial Lacrosse power. This is a smart move for the conference and will only help our aspiring program to make an early mark in the sport.

I had someone drop in my office so I couldn't stay on, but Zagoria is saying the MSG agreement is through 2025-26. So essentially through the length of the Fox contract.

Quote Originally Posted by ge1974 View Post
    ESPN will probably NOT be there.
    No Sean McDonough? Hmmm....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast